Sign in to follow this  
Sheytoon

Japan radio frequency to NZ

Hi guys,

This might of come up before but does anyone know how to change the radio frequency of a '03 Z4 from Japan to NZ. The only station i can listen to is 88.6 and god its making my ear drums bleed. Would i have to get an expander and if so where from, how much and how hard are they to install?

This might of come up before but does anyone know how to change the radio frequency of a '03 Z4 from Japan to NZ. The only station i can listen to is 88.6 and god its making my ear drums bleed. Would i have to get an expander and if so where from, how much and how hard are they to install?

You don't need a band expander and you don't need any tools.

Do this:

1. ign on and radio on

2. within 10 secs, press and hold SEL (if you have nav) or M (if no nav). Service menu will appear

3. Scroll through Service Menu with < > or 1...6 buttons (can't remember which, try and see) until AREA=JPN appears

4. Change AREA to EUROPE or OCEANIA using the 1...6 buttons (maybe repeated presses of 1 required)

5. Turn radio off, turn ign off to save settings

Voila!

Edited by jochen

You don't need a band expander and you don't need any tools.

Do this:

1. ign on and radio on

2. within 10 secs, press and hold SEL (if you have nav) or M (if no nav). Service menu will appear

3. Scroll through Service Menu with < > or 1...6 buttons (can't remember which, try and see) until AREA=JPN appears

4. Change AREA to EUROPE or OCEANIA using the 1...6 buttons (maybe repeated presses of 1 required)

5. Turn radio off, turn ign off to save settings

Voila!

Thanks jochen! Ill give that a try tonight.