Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

German Speed camera foolishness

Guest Simon*

No here, like Australia, they ticket the vehicle not the individual

Although in Oz the owner gets to nominate "the driver" and they get the demerits. Apparently there is a black market of people who advertise their clean driving records for cash

No here, like Australia, they ticket the vehicle not the individual

Although in Oz the owner gets to nominate "the driver" and they get the demerits. Apparently there is a black market of people who advertise their clean driving records for cash

Interesting... I imagine there's a limit to how many times you can have a different person driving your car though, or you'd have the rich people 'loaning' their cars to many many different mates :P

I could be wrong, but isnt the fine in Germany proportional to the individuals income ? I know its in one of the European nations, just cant remember which one.

Id be surprised if the cameras where that focused on the left that they couldnt see a face on the right though.

Over here, all you have to do is glue a dead bird to your number plate. It works...

Over here, all you have to do is glue a dead bird to your number plate. It works...

Hahaha, Maybe until you pass a cop on the road..

Hmm.. I got flashed in Germany a few months ago in Hybrid's lease car registered in France, that ticket never showed up either.. Maybe I look like Animal??

i got flashed on the way to hamilton going about 120 a month and a bit ago, still waiting for ticket :unsure:

i got flashed on the way to hamilton going about 120 a month and a bit ago, still waiting for ticket :unsure:

They only send ticket to the upper percentage of all photos snapped. Maybe you are not fast enough on the day.

They only send ticket to the upper percentage of all photos snapped. Maybe you are not fast enough on the day.

ha well i was going 150 then slammed on the brakes when i saw the van then it flashed me at 120 :P

rare spares in CHCH sell number plate spray, quite pricey...they guy selling it reckoned it worked... a slightly better alternative to a dead bird! haha :lol:

rare spares in CHCH sell number plate spray, quite pricey...they guy selling it reckoned it worked... a slightly better alternative to a dead bird! haha :lol:

They did a test of this on Mythbusters once. None of the things they tried worked, sprays, covers, etc.