Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

m40 Heatshield

Just took a quick look around in my engine bay (316i m40) and realised the heatshield that goes between the exhaust manifold (i think) and the ignition leads/rocker cover is rusty and falling apart. I was wondering would a m40 318i shield fit on my car?

PS am looking to buy one if someone has a good condition one, didnt know wether to put in wanted to buy or maintenence.

Cheers, Nathan

Just took a quick look around in my engine bay (316i m40) and realised the heatshield that goes between the exhaust manifold (i think) and the ignition leads/rocker cover is rusty and falling apart. I was wondering would a m40 318i shield fit on my car?

PS am looking to buy one if someone has a good condition one, didnt know wether to put in wanted to buy or maintenence.

Cheers, Nathan

316 & 318 M40 both the same gasket

316 & 318 M40 both the same gasket

cool thanks glenn, off to go scope one out at pick a part

cool thanks glenn, off to go scope one out at pick a part

an M10 gasket is $35, surely an M40 would be much the same? why muck around pulling off old gaskets that are just likely to leak?

I was only going to find one if it was in good condition. Is that $35 from BMW??

Thanks

Gaskets are realy a use once item... a 2nd hand one will probably leak

I was only going to find one if it was in good condition. Is that $35 from BMW??

Thanks

from euro-italian, one of the forum sponsors, Parts-plus is in wellington and have pretty good prices too