Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Shock Repair Question

So I may be buying a set of bilsteins off a mate, he has had them on storage for a bout a year, he said one is slightly leaking. My main question is, can shocks be inspected/repaired when they are not on a car? I really want to buy these so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

Most Bilsteins can be rebuilt

It may be a good idea to get the part numbers & call a few places to see if they can do it.

I think Autolign do shock rebuilds, there are a few members on here who have had custom bilstein rebuilds perhaps one can chime in ?

So I may be buying a set of bilsteins off a mate, he has had them on storage for a bout a year, he said one is slightly leaking. My main question is, can shocks be inspected/repaired when they are not on a car? I really want to buy these so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

I think you'll find Bilsteins are the schizzle because they can be easily rebuilt. I put a set in my vert and they turned a saggy whale into a rock hard handling machine.

The answer to your question is yes. Based on personal experience I would send them to Chris at Suspension Tech 0276354305. He'll chuck them on his shock dyno and tell you what's what, and will do the rebuild for you too for around $120 a shock. Revalving extra.

He used to work at autolign who are the other crowd you could talk to.

I am not sure if they have a workshop in Wellington (Suspension Tech is in Auckland).

Edited by bravo

I too had my Bilsteins rebuilt at Suspensiontech, Bloody good job too.