Sign in to follow this  
Avenged.SSE

730 vs 735?

Hiya,

I'm looking around for a new 7 series to replace my 525i and am consider either a 735ial with mileage around 100k and a 730i with mileage around the 80k mark. Both are 2003 models. I haven't driven a 730i before so I don't really know how powerful it is, I was hoping someone here can give me some feedback on this, I know the 730i has a 6 cylinder engine whereas the 735ial is a V8.

I saw on wikipedia that the 0-100 km/h of the 730i is around 8.1 seconds whereas the 735ial does it in 7.5 - is there a cost effective way to reduce the 730i's 0 -100 time?

Also... I haven't contacted my insurance company about this, but that's something else to consider. I don't know how bitchy they'll be about insuring a 20 year old for a 735ial with a v8 engine. Do you guys reckon there would be a huge difference between a 735ial and a 730i in terms of insurance (assuming their price doesn't substantially differ).

Thanks for any help :D

I had a 730iL, it was a bloody nice car to drive. great on the open road but on the pricey side driving around town.

But other than that. mint :)

I had a 730iL, it was a bloody nice car to drive. great on the open road but on the pricey side driving around town.

But other than that. mint :)

Hmm I always thought that an E65 730 would be (relatively) good on fuel! I guess that's something else to take into account!

With the same amount of body weight, the 735 will be a better choice? 730 will be the most basic (cheap) 7 series available for sale in Asia, will be like buying a 520. So specs wise, will it be affected?

The 735i is the one to go for, we drove one and it went really well, Id take a 745i for the same coin.

My sub 25 y/o missus had no problem with insurance on our 545i, was actually cheap for a $60,000 car :)

With the same amount of body weight, the 735 will be a better choice? 730 will be the most basic (cheap) 7 series available for sale in Asia, will be like buying a 520. So specs wise, will it be affected?

Yeh that's what I initially thought, but from comparing the specs, they are identical, except for the fact that the 735ial is equipped with more leg room, rear electric seats and side electric blinds (which are just due to it being a long wheel base, rather than a 735).

FYI, in early 2007 I was offered an '02 735 ex Sing, 5xxxx kms for $53,900!!!

Needless to say I didn't buy that one :-)

FYI, in early 2007 I was offered an '02 735 ex Sing, 5xxxx kms for $53,900!!!

Needless to say I didn't buy that one :-)

The price of the ones I'm looking at is just about half that! I'm not all too worried about ex sing cars - have had no trouble whatsoever with mine.