Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

e28 engine

hey guys. i am working on a e28 for a friend. he has cooked it and warped the head and i suspect closed up the piston rings also.

i need to put some quotes together so i need an idea of a price for a 2nd hand motor

its a 1983 520i it has the m20 block in it. i plan to use the origianal manifolds so would just need the tall block.

also need a new thermostat housing and a radiator.

prices would be ausum thanks.

I have an m20 block and head lying around. Their not together at this moment. One of the head bolts snapped off and will need extracting (not hard) otherwise its perfect. Never blew smoke, ran very well, and only did 160 thou ks.

Its also pre-facelift so jet-tronic, like the block the 520i had? (with dizzy attached to block)

Your in welly though, so may be a bit far, but its yours for $150 plus postage if you want it. (I had a set of mags shipped up from greymouth for not much and this is physically smaller)

Let me know.

Can supply thermostat housing as well, I also have a radiator in very good nick.

Edited by QuickSilver

what do you think the shipping would roughly be for the lot? and how much for the housing and radiator?

Could probably ship the block, housing, radiator for something like $100 from depot to depot via meinfreight? I can check it out for you on monday if you are serious. If you want the other stuff, like alternator, power steering pump, hoses all ancilleries and the head etc etc (this includes thermostat housing and radiator you can have the entire lot for an extra $50.

PM to let me know.

Alex.

Edited by QuickSilver

unsure of the condition, as soon as i got the car i riped the gearbox out, never tryd starting it

Hi,

I got a low K m30 2.5L engine.complete,still in car.

ran great a while back.

if your keen.............

PM`d

regards Ray

hey guys. i am working on a e28 for a friend. he has cooked it and warped the head and i suspect closed up the piston rings also.

i need to put some quotes together so i need an idea of a price for a 2nd hand motor

its a 1983 520i it has the m20 block in it. i plan to use the origianal manifolds so would just need the tall block.

also need a new thermostat housing and a radiator.

prices would be ausum thanks.

Hey Oli, its Jon (you bought that 325i engine off me). my mate has an engine complete for ya that will bolt straight in bro. and it is in wellington. give me a yell tonight 04 3837251. it is in his way and he wants it gone

Jon