Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Which rubber to suit?

Which rubber (225/40 etc) would suit my E30 best if I were to obtain:

17x7 ET40

or

17x8 ET35

Currently sitting on jamex super lows - trying to source 16x7 rims but can only get 17x7 or 17x8 (for the style I like, Hartge/Alpina) :(

Many thanks

Edited by ЯЭMMIЯ

I dont think there are many 225/40R17 tyres made, so either 215/40 or 235/40 (which is a bit oversized and overkill for the 320i but would look pretty good on the 17x8's

Bigger problem is the offsets, wheels will sit in way too far and look stupid, if they even fit at all. need atleast (to have it looking right) 15mm spacers for the 17x7's and 10mm, maybe more for the 17x8's.

Edited by Mike

Which rubber (225/40 etc) would suit my E30 best if I were to obtain:

17x7 ET40

or

17x8 ET35

Currently sitting on jamex super lows - trying to source 16x7 rims but can only get 17x7 or 17x8 (for the style I like, Hartge/Alpina) :(

Many thanks

Moot point as the wheels will not fit :P

Yes, wrong offset, I had 35 in my head instead of 25 (for 7") when I was perusing the net - now reduces my choice to virtually nil :(

Save your pennies mate, a set of Alpinas will pop up at some point, either on their own or on a car that you can then strip.

I'd like to think that some would pop up soon but i've got the case of not wanting to wait till xmas to get my new toys :(

You aware there might be some 16x7.5 ACS wheels for sale soon? or Riley might still be trying to sell his. Not alpina's but still much better option than some japanese 17's that dont fit right