computers

wiring.....

etc etc etc ask a question

p.s

currently after, manual pedal box

interested in possibly swapping some parts with what you might have

cheers

Jon

just been sorting out the garage some more and found more stuff....

manual sunroof winder handles

fuel pumps

computers

rear shoes (new inbox)

cheers

Jon

Just to let you know, you don't need a "manual" pedal box, any old pedal box will do, as they are all setup the same. All you need is a clutch pedal, and the slightly longer bolt to attach it with as the old one is shorter (which you can buy) and the master cylinder, all the holes/attachments are there, you just add the pieces in. If you cant find a clutch pedal you can always cut an old auto brake pedal in half an improvise.

Edit: I'm ignorantly assuming its an e30 of course!

Edited by QuickSilver

Guest FrantiC

Just to let you know, you don't need a "manual" pedal box, any old pedal box will do, as they are all setup the same. All you need is a clutch pedal, and the slightly longer bolt to attach it with as the old one is shorter (which you can buy) and the master cylinder, all the holes/attachments are there, you just add the pieces in. If you cant find a clutch pedal you can always cut an old auto brake pedal in half an improvise.

Yeah, Sucks when your 99% of the way removing your e30's pedal box to find it is the exact same one with a shorter bolt for the pedals and a bigger brake pedal, but still has the master cylinder mount and hole into the firewall for the hardline. Pays to check. Pedal box removal is a bitch..

cheers mate, I'm aware that the pedal boxes are similar, it is easier to get a complete pedal box that has everything there and ready to be installed. saves me mucking around cutting brake pedals

cheers

Guest FrantiC

cheers mate, I'm aware that the pedal boxes are similar, it is easier to get a complete pedal box that has everything there and ready to be installed. saves me mucking around cutting brake pedals

cheers

It's actually easier to swap brake pedals, add the longer bolt and clutch pedal.

Removing the pedal box is a nightmare. Trust me. I pulled one out of my Manual parts car for my 320i, then started removing the 320i one and they are complete bastards to remove so I ended up taking the brake pedal, clutch pedal and longer bolt and that does it (I would have done it oringinally if I knew the auto had a mount for the Master Cylinder, I was told they don't).

Edited by FrantiC

cheers

Lol why would I mention something that would make more work for you? I've done both, and like Frantic has mentioned, it takes about ten minutes to swap the pedals around, the entire pedal box takes a sh*t load longer and is a HUGE pain in the ass.

edit: they are not "similar" they are identical.

Edited by QuickSilver