Sign in to follow this  
Napier_E36

Nissan Laurel

Hey, finally got around to taking pictures of my mates drift laurel today - We cut the factory springs because it was too high (it doesnt matter though it will never be on the road on them - getting coilovers put in it before it goes for certing!) People were laughing at how high it was, so we layed into it with the 9 inch cutting discs... and got it to sit about 50mm off the ground or so.... heres a few pics of it - the details are:

RB25DET conversion - he has $37,000 worth of engine receipts (things like heat treated bottom end, lightened flywheel, after market cams, ported, polished, bored out to 2600cc and the list goes on there...)

Monster garette turbo

45mm external waste gate

Skyline rear subframe/diff/running gear

S15 front hubs

CUT SPRINGS!!!

D1 spec bodykit (need to get the Laurel front bumper - cefiro one doesnt fit)

and the list goes on - its been a hard conversion because we had to change the fuel tank and fuel lines, because this laurel was originally a diesel!

I think it looks awsome on the standard R32 Skyline wheels - just somthing about them on a laurel... We have a lot more work to go on it - have to put a lot of work into getting the engine finished - because it hasnt been started since the engine work was done, it needs to have everything put back in. Its going to be one mean drift machine when it finally gets on the road!!! (it will be that new BA falcon Blood Orange)

post-18-1094365708.jpg

front shot - massive front mount intercooler a!

post-18-1094365883.jpg

Engine shot...

post-18-1094366196.jpg

this is the external and the turbo - we're not actually too sure how big the turbo is, its been hybrid'd

post-18-1094366428.jpg

front 3/4

post-18-1094366634.jpg

and finally the left hand side... We got a lot of work to go, the prep work is about to begin tonight... Oh boy, i cant wait!!!

post-18-1094366821.jpg

Dirty old taxi's, My friend has a JZX100 Tourer V, dayum fast taxi's!!!

The IC piping looks a little weener!! what is it 2.5"??

BTW Blair, I was at pick-a-part in Wingate (L/hutt) and the have a complete A31 Cefiro with a RB20DE in it, I couldn't see any major damage on it, may be worth seeing if you could take the whole thing!! They also had a R31 4dr skyline for $500!!

Guest Spargo

RB25DET conversion - he has $37,000 worth

f**k Me!

You could build an S50B32 Turbo dropping 500hp for that!

Is that figure correct? Why the hell was an RB26 bored to 2.8 not considered for that sort of coin?

RB25DET conversion - he has $37,000 worth

f**k Me!

You could build an S50B32 Turbo dropping 500hp for that!

Is that figure correct? Why the hell was an RB26 bored to 2.8 not considered for that sort of coin?

Yip thats the right figure - the guy who did it was building it for his R32. I dont know why he chose the RB25, maybe it has somthing to do with the RB26DETT has the places for front CVs to attach to (they got somthing different about them anyway...) Im not sure. Maybe it was an availablity thing at the time?the previous owner has had it for about 5 years... And he has had his share of issues with it - blow a factory item because something else he had replaced was putting too much strain on the other factory equipment... All I know is that its going to be one INSANE engine!!!

Dirty old taxi's, My friend has a JZX100 Tourer V, dayum fast taxi's!!!

The IC piping looks a little weener!! what is it 2.5"??

BTW Blair, I was at pick-a-part in Wingate (L/hutt) and the have a complete A31 Cefiro with a RB20DE in it, I couldn't see any major damage on it, may be worth seeing if you could take the whole thing!! They also had a R31 4dr skyline for $500!!

yeah its just piddley 2.5 inch... I think it needs more, but Jason seems happy... I think he should at least match the exhaust - Thats a 3 inch straight pipe... I think that he should use that for his intercooler piping a!!

Ahh... A31, I might have to look into that - do you have a contact number for them? The RB20DE will make it easier for a turbo conversion - means I dont have to change the loom.

looks awesome...rangi drifters kick ass.....also love the combo; $37k engine receipts.....and cutties :D haha nah looks like an awesome drift machine....hope to get taken for a ride sometime!

yeah its a rangi drifter at the moment - but just wait until its complete!! it will be the sh*t - we started prep work for the paint job last night - such a boring ass job... mmm spots off the roof.... :lol: It will be up in auckland sometime soon to get the wiring completed and dyno tuned (that sort of $$ tied up in the engine he would be stupid to just get it bunged together...) So when we come to pick it up, Ill let you know - it'll have to be run in first, but jason wants to do 2000km in it in the first week - and since he hasnt got a license at the moment (incident with a big curb and his mums AUIII XR8) I will get alot of the honours - I can put 1000 on it just by driving to and from work for a week!

f**k yea nuts,

i want one!

Hey man, how's your conversion running, got any pics of your beast now???

As for the behemoth drifting taxi, i'd like to see that up next to Glenn's TT, that'd be really neat :mosh:

its currently in auckland (whangaraei) getting all the bits and pieces done to it and getting certed. They are putting a roll cage into it and adjustables and all that crap. It has been painted blood orange and for un-known reasons jason has it sitting on 19x9.5s... INSANE!

The cefiro that was originally going to be the drifter (the one we built and had running then got repo'd and stripped by us) is now being turned into a ute! we have cut all the parcel tray out and we are going to attack the roof chop over the weekend! Ill post pics when its in a better state!!!

please please please please take me for a ride daddy

please please please please take me for a ride daddy

I aint your daddy, but theres no doubt that ill be giving it a good work out - put so much hard work into it! im sure youll get a ride in it whens its done!

theyre perfect drift cars as deisel version only cost 800.

The diesels are really shitty engines - they constantly run their big ends and they are just about not worth having... As for conversions, from experience, it is easier to start with a petrol one (they are around - just hard to come by) because we had to swap the fuel tanks (petrol ones need baffles etc in the tank) and fuel lines over to complete the conversion. Fortunatly we had the cefiro (to be the ute) to take the fuel tank an lines out of... All in all, it was a lot harder than it needed to be... As for $800, my mate got his for $200 - complete vehicle - just had a run big end....

more pics or ban!

kinda hard to do at the moment - its in whangarei, im in napier, so.... um... yeah!

When it comes home ill get some shots of it parked and definitly some shots of it doing what it was built for - skids! :love: :wub: