Sign in to follow this  
Braeden320

Auckland Living

Ahh I lived in Auckland all my life, its bloody awesome, you learn to crave traffic haha.

I always found you can get pretty much anywhere in Auckland when its not rush hour in around 15 mins. But since you will be new to Auckland I would say living in or withen close proimity to New Lynn just because it will take a while until you can build a map of Auckland in your head and learn short cuts and which road to turn down to avoid certain traffic lights and all that.

New Lynn I'd say should be pretty cheap to live, you could proberbly rent a whole 3 bedroom house for like $400 a week and the New Lynn mall is quite an experience. But if you want to be in a central location thats closer to most other things in Auckland I'd vote for St Marys Bay, Freemans Bay or Herne Bay. I lived in St Marys Bay earlier this year and it was an awesome location as its close to most things, CBD and close to Takapuna (for my work and HELLBM haha)

Westy might have a room for you :D

He needs money for mods on the new toy :P

I'm more concerned about where my next beers coming from :P

Easy job hard much ?

To many opinions fella, and I thought moving to small town NZ was were the parochial people lived. A few realities of Auckland traffic from one who lived in West Akl for years and did over 50,000 kms ayear most of it in the good old west.

If you want a nice area handy to N.Lynn & quick to get there, look at Blockhouse Bay, Green Bay or Titirangi, reality is it will take 15 mins to get to work on an average day due to traffic flows in N.Lynn.

As a Blockhouse Bay, Green Bay boy for years, there is good & bad areas, but you will be able to pick the difference pretty easy, traveling in from Te atatu sucks, as does from Henderson as Gt Nth road travels slow as anything and any other back way leads you on to main feeders again. If you can start an 9 then you will be sweet no matter where you are.

Parnell or Ponsonby can also take forever, trust me, did it for two years and drove me nuts, going to work is great, coming home - maddening.

Auckland is a great place, you will enjoy it, but the one thing you want to avoid if pos is wasting 1 - 2 hours a day sitting in traffic just to get to & from work...............

There is more to life than the job fella.

P.S. sold real estate in west auckland for over 10 years, so if you want a heads up on good spots drop me a line.

Good luck with the job & the move, enjoy it.

Well Braeden, when you get there. Stroll across to Wormald and ask the receptionist if I am in.

Likely, that I'm away. But it'll be nice to meet another Bimmersporter. There are 2 more in our office.