Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

Anyone Know Where To Get A Top Mount M20 Turbo Manifold?

Guest FrantiC

I'm thinking about going the turbo route with my 2.7 stroker again.. I initially gave up on it due to the cost of things and not being able to find a pre-made manifold. I remember some guy used to sell kits on trademe for $3000 but meh, I have a t3/t4 turbo thats in pretty good nick and I just need to know if there is somewhere I can get a manifold like a shitty e-bay one will do.

I'm thinking about going the turbo route with my 2.7 stroker again.. I initially gave up on it due to the cost of things and not being able to find a pre-made manifold. I remember some guy used to sell kits on trademe for $3000 but meh, I have a t3/t4 turbo thats in pretty good nick and I just need to know if there is somewhere I can get a manifold like a shitty e-bay one will do.

Shitty ebay manifold in NZ:

http://www.drivenperformance.co.nz/scripts...?idproduct=1225

Take lots of pics if you decide to do it :)

Guest FrantiC

Shitty ebay manifold in NZ:

http://www.drivenperformance.co.nz/scripts...?idproduct=1225

Take lots of pics if you decide to do it :)

Thanks dude, Exactly what I was after.

Yup I'll take pics of the motor going in and with the turbo when I get around to it lol. Engines already built, Was meant to drop it in about 2 months ago when I had it pretty much done just needed to get a couple minor things but have been too lazy to swap another motor in my e30 (did another swap about 4 months ago lol).

So while its not in the car yet I am thinking I should do what I originally planned and boost it on 7-8psi nothing too serious yet (stock internals). Then eventually upgrade to Megasquirt or something (MS is a good one as there is already alot of guides out there from guys in the U.S boosting 2.7's) tune it better for higher boost.

I will see what happens though. But it's definitley going to be turbo'd.

So while its not in the car yet I am thinking I should do what I originally planned and boost it on 7-8psi nothing too serious yet (stock internals). Then eventually upgrade to Megasquirt or something (MS is a good one as there is already alot of guides out there from guys in the U.S boosting 2.7's) tune it better for higher boost.

I will see what happens though. But it's definitley going to be turbo'd.

Be careful on the boost on a standard computer - its hard to get the right amount of fuel AND correct timing without a proper standalone. It would be a shame to bung your new engine.

Guest FrantiC

Be careful on the boost on a standard computer - its hard to get the right amount of fuel AND correct timing without a proper standalone. It would be a shame to bung your new engine.

It's only a rugged quick build I was doing for N/A but all new gaskets etc. Nothing internally was rebuilt/ replaced. The bottem end only had 66,000ks and the head looked to be in very good shape. I will probably end up needing to rebuild it anyways at some stage, but I didn't wana drop too much into this because I planned on doing a 24V swap and turbo an m50/m52 or something instead and keep the 2.7 in there for the mean time but I think now I may aswel turbo the 2.7 as they are pretty tough motors and with alot of torque down low, and a turbo giving it more kick in the high RPM it should be a good all round motor.

but yeah I'll keep boost low until I get MS or something to tune it properlly.