Sign in to follow this  
rossi

Always Wanted To Drive A Ferrari...?

Hi Guys

Thought I'd let you know about the super car club starting up in New Zealand, www.clubsupercar.co.nz.

Much like the big supercar clubs in the UK that you've seen in the magazines (P1 international, Ecurie 25 etc) Club Supercar lets you get behind the wheel of some cool machinery for a fraction of the cost of ownership. Membership is $3995 pa and this gets you 9-28 days with the cars depending on when you choose use them (an average of about 2 weeks)

It's starting small with a Ferrari 360 Modena and a Porsche 996 Turbo but will increase the fleet to include other supercars as membership expands. There are going to be branches in Auckland and Christchurch and they are taking membership applications now to be up and running from the first few months of next year.

Sorry but for insurance reasons membership is restricted to those 25 and over and no on-track use.

How many cars do you have?? Just two??

Just confirming, thought they may have had a few being Christchurch and Auckland based. Would be a bit of arguing over who uses what when and for how long with only two cars.

Get some decent BMW’s and im sure a few of us would like to join up!

Just confirming, thought they may have had a few being Christchurch and Auckland based. Would be a bit of arguing over who uses what when and for how long with only two cars.

Get some decent BMW’s and im sure a few of us would like to join up!

It'll be 2 cars at each location for a start, as soon as there is enough members we'll add more cars.

Cars can be booked 2 months out, first in first serve however the members to cars ratio is controlled to ensure plenty of availability. You also get one wildcard per year which a allows you to make one booking up to 12 months out for special occasions.

Sounds like a good idea.

I hope it goes well and no muppets get hold of the cars and total them like some places overseas.

I cant remember the link but some guys hired supercars for a wedding and pretty much wrote all of them off!

A little OT, but saw not one but two F430's yday, a what looked like matt black spider and a standard red coupe, definitely had a semi as they drove past :P

Slightly off topic but they should also start up the 'driving days' here too with the mroe exotic cars like they have in the uk. I went on one, got to drive a lambo murcielago, ferrari 360 spyder and a porsche 911 (996) turbo. All up was about NZ$1000 but worth every penny! ....where else can you do 160mph in one of them legally???

A little OT, but saw not one but two F430's yday, a what looked like matt black spider and a standard red coupe, definitely had a semi as they drove past :P

I saw the matt black spider too! At the Kent tce lights, it turned into Courtneay place