Sign in to follow this  
allan

Bulbs

Hi looking for a pair of 12 volt, 5 watt mini base side marker bulbs for the E39 . These are clear when not working and amber when working. Have found they could go by the following names Phantoms, Stealth, Solaris. Tried Repco, Super cheep and Jaz Cars in Palmy with no luck . Will try the stealers as a last resort but thought some one may be able to help.

Thanks in advance Allan.

Just to get it straight, you're after stealth bulbs? Like so..

Posted Image

You can get a set from Umnitza, or I've seen them in Repco or Supercheap up here in Aucks.

Btw, I'll get back to you ASAP on the lights. Been busy. Cheers

Edited by Nick021

Allan, just buy some silver paint from repco. Costs about 10 bucks and so far Ive done 6 indicators and at least 6 repeaters and its still going :)

^^ +1 Was going to say that but thought it might be rangi.

Worked for me.

Nick021 they are the one's. If they are available at Repco will go and have piece of somebody because I was told they did not have them. If no trouble could you find out what brand and a part No please. Was aware I could get them from overseas just the cost and time delay in getting them.

The old silver paint trick ahh good one 99. What do you do just paint the orange bulb with the silver paint let it dry and thats it?.

The old silver paint trick ahh good one 99. What do you do just paint the orange bulb with the silver paint let it dry and thats it?.

Thats the plan. The one I have uses a small brush, you make sure its properly mixed, put a thin layer on and your done.

Very easy and saves you a bundle on the overpriced bulbs in the shops

Sweet, will give it a try thank's Penry.

Edited by allan