Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

M20 Problem With Oil Pressure Spring Spring Thing?

hey, pulled the water pump out to see if that was the cooling problem turns out no, now when i pulled that off a spring and needle looking thing came out, my mate says it is the oil pressure spring or something but I CANT FIGURE out where it goes? anyone got some info/pics on this?

engine is a 83' m20 2L

cheers in advance

Would guess it's your cam tensioner, 19 and 20 on this.

Posted Image

yeah thats exactly what it looks like, guess its pops back in? hope so as the car is in hamilton and i live in auckland, hope i can drive home end of the week :mellow:

and if the water pump is fine and thermo is fine, and everytime i drive it, its runs a little hotter does that mean that the head is cracked :huh:

Or you've got an air block, ask Quicksilver about that?

Or you've got an air block, ask Quicksilver about that?

air block? how do you correct this? flush the block?

Davids right, airblocks come in many ways! And that spring is simply the tensioner spring that pushes against the pulley to tighten your cambelt, theres only one way it can go back on.

My 327 had a slight bend in a hose which gave me HUGE issues, if you did read that thread my car was over heating till the cows came home, I eventually let it sit for a few days, and re-routed all hoses, then I filled the car up with water by each hose, doing a lot of squeezing and listen so that the water made its way through the block and all the hoses BEFORE I started the car, this was I was also able to bleed a lot of the air out before I got it going. Once this was done, the car started and bled without an issue.

Its not he first time I've had a bitchy m20 to bleed, they are a pain in the ass!

Edit: if its only running a little bit higher than normal that sounds more like a viscous coupling has gone in your fan.

Edited by QuickSilver

on open road it has started to go up to 3/4 of the dial, i think it may be an airblock, atleast i hope so :mellow:

An airblock would normally cause a car to overheat fully, ie needle goes all the way up, steam (if you dont turn it off early enough) the whole shabang. Have you checked that your thermostat is functioning properly and is opening at the right temperature?

An airblock would normally cause a car to overheat fully, ie needle goes all the way up, steam (if you dont turn it off early enough) the whole shabang. Have you checked that your thermostat is functioning properly and is opening at the right temperature?

Its got a new thermostat, and it was going fine for about 2 weeks then one day on the way home the needle just started raising :mellow: i did a complete flush of the block and it seems to be a little cooler that it normally is but i am yet to go on a long drive then thrash it, that i will do tonight ^_^