Sign in to follow this  
cossieman

E30 M3 In Japan

It also says that it wasnt registered untill 1991/9

Registration date doesn't mater (Must have been imported from another country in 1991)

Manufacture date is what LTSA go off!

Tis cheap! But I would not trust Tau Corp. Filthy Liers that cost me thousands!

I don't know where that price came from but I definately would not be buying a car from Japan at the moment.

Three months ago we were buying 83 to 86 yen to the NZ$. Today we are at 49.93 yen to the NZ$.

This means that the car will be 50% dearer to purchase than it was 3 months ago.

Anyone buying cars from overseas at this present moment has got to have rocks in their heads.

Edited by briancol

I have just done some quick maths and if you were to buy this car today and ship it to NZ it would end up owing you about $17,500.00 then it would have to be complied and registered.

Ask your self, is an '87 E30 M3 really worth $18,500.00? because thats the least it will would cost you and remember it's a left hooker.

Edited by briancol

I have just done some quick maths and if you were to buy this car today and ship it to NZ it would end up owing you about $17,500.00 then it would have to be complied and registered.

Ask your self, is an '87 E30 M3 really worth $18,500.00? because thats the least it will would cost you and remember it's a left hooker.

Yeah & after all that you have to go thru the whole vehicle & do all the deferred maintenance.....with that mileage if the engine hasn't had some top end work etc you will have to spend $$...when you take on an old classic you have to commit yourself to the project.

And exactly how much would it cost to buy one with all of that already done? And how many M3's do you see driving around New Zealand?

Considering all the fuss thats been on here lately with the prices of M3's currently in the country. 18k to bring it in and 10k to make it beautiful doesnt seem that much.

I cant argue with you that it may have been half the price 3 months ago, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Left hooker is not a problem, thats they way they were intended to be so why spoil it?

Registration date doesn't mater (Must have been imported from another country in 1991)

Manufacture date is what LTSA go off!

Wrong wrong WRONG!!!

LTNZ don't go off manufacture date, they use the date FIRST REGISTERED. My family has imported many American cars, so we know the all the details of the 20 year old rule. A friend of a friend once imported a 1986 Corvette in early 2007 but got in over here and the papers said 1st registered in late '87. It's still sitting his shed unable to be registered, unless he exports and re-imports. He's waiting for the law to change (which is going to happen soon) so he can register it under a 'rare and classic' title.

Link doesn't work for me.

I agree with Eddy's comments on the LTSA laws, they go from date first registered, not date of manufacture.

As for the other #### comments in this thread about Left hand drive, price and 'top end' work... :wacko:

And exactly how much would it cost to buy one with all of that already done? And how many M3's do you see driving around New Zealand?

Considering all the fuss thats been on here lately with the prices of M3's currently in the country. 18k to bring it in and 10k to make it beautiful doesnt seem that much.

I cant argue with you that it may have been half the price 3 months ago, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Left hooker is not a problem, thats they way they were intended to be so why spoil it?

I agree, Left hand drive is a good thing, they were never released in right hand drive in the first place so having it in full original condition is a bonus.

Also ive been looking for an e30 m3 for about 8 months and the cheapest ive seen so far was 25,000$ and the car had a fairly ugly worn looking red leather or vynal interior.

Would be a little worried about the reg details tho. would def need to check up on that.

A statement of compliance from BMW would confirm date of manufacture, which LTSA would use (Which I have just done on another car)

Anyway, is looks like it has been sold!