savvi

levels trackday photos

some more pics from last weekends street car challenge at levels,

overall results

http://www.southcanterburycarclub.org.nz/p...1208Overall.pdf

1/4 mile, 16.8

go to whoa, 10.9

full lap 1.25.4, 2.4ks

car ran great all day for a motor with 320,000 on the clock and never been rebuilt, just well mantained i guess, i so need a slip diff, better tyres next time just had rock hard roadstones

few other cars dropped bearings due to long sweeping corners and blew pistons, i was the only bmw there, other euro was opel calibra

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by E30 bandit

Oh nice! Good to see the e30 doesn't get as bad oil starvation problems as the jappas :D

Is that 10.9 to 100kph from standstill?

Oh nice! Good to see the e30 doesn't get as bad oil starvation problems as the jappas :D

Is that 10.9 to 100kph from standstill?

yes standstart, it was 1st 2nd then on the brakes a soon as i needed to grab third, the cones we had to stop in were only as long as the car not much margin 4 era (tyers inside the cones= pass) 3.64 diff

yes standstart, it was 1st 2nd then on the brakes a soon as i needed to grab third, the cones we had to stop in were only as long as the car not much margin 4 era (tyers inside the cones= pass) 3.64 diff

10.9 is very slow for a 0-100! Was it a 0-100-0? I'm struggling to make sence of what you are saying :D

10.9 is very slow for a 0-100! Was it a 0-100-0? I'm struggling to make sence of what you are saying :D

dont worry about it

You need an LSD on track aye Shane, its alarming how poor road tires and an open diff are on the track.

Nice photos btw, You no how i feel about your wheels! one of my favs. And i do love the home made side skirts, i prefer them to mine

Was a good day all round but that wind was ferkin cold :lol:

Is it me or are some of those pics not showing up - something about pics moved or deleted

Edited by sp8s

Nice photos btw, You no how i feel about your wheels! one of my favs. And i do love the home made side skirts, i prefer them to mine

yeah want to get some more rear dish like your rear wheels, skirts still need to be painted properly yet

Was a good day all round but that wind was ferkin cold :lol:

Is it me or are some of those pics not showing up - something about pics moved or deleted

pics look fine to me, were you out there on the day sp8s, yeah wind was getting annoying

Yup was there

Parked about 3 cars away from you when you had finished the slalom and you came back into the pit area and met your mates trackside.

My Mrs was trying to get me to enter but I thought I was down on horses compared to the usual cars that enter these things but I sure would have posted better time than the turkeys that treated it like a drifting competition and nearly caused a couple of accidents with their idiotic driving.

Maybe next time ;)

Yup was there

Parked about 3 cars away from you when you had finished the slalom and you came back into the pit area and met your mates trackside.

My Mrs was trying to get me to enter but I thought I was down on horses compared to the usual cars that enter these things but I sure would have posted better time than the turkeys that treated it like a drifting competition and nearly caused a couple of accidents with their idiotic driving.

Maybe next time ;)

[/quote

are you from timaru ya so should of enterered then i wouldnt have had to talk about ricer cars all day, if ya cars an auto i wouldnt bother , the guy in the wheel chair did alrite driving his ba falcon the car had truckers knob on the steering wheel and a hydraulic gearstick by his left leg, he uses his left arm, forward to accelarate pull back to brake

Let me see

Remember about 3 weeks ago a E36 Compact reversed out of a drive way on North St in front of you. Sorry was in a hurry to get to work lol

Yeah the Compact's auto with sport economy and manual settings so could have had a go. 2 litre and auto what a mixture. Slow take off but it gets up and goes if you give it some curry.

Let me see

Remember about 3 weeks ago a E36 Compact reversed out of a drive way on North St in front of you. Sorry was in a hurry to get to work lol

Yeah the Compact's auto with sport economy and manual settings so could have had a go. 2 litre and auto what a mixture. Slow take off but it gets up and goes if you give it some curry.

oh yeah i remember i know the car now no worrys i give way 2 beemas haha, im at end of north st op boys high

ya car needs a bs sticker.

theres a auto x event at teratonga in march im thinking of doing should have slip diff by then you should think about it to