Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

Stripping and cleaning products

Hey guys I am looking for some good cleaning products that I can purchase in bulk. Has to be something that strips off old dirt and oil. E.g. Brake cleaner. But I am sick of buying the expensive brake cleaner cans.

What can I get and where can I get it. I dont have a parts cleaning tray. If I had more space I would get one for sure.

Try Resene's Tri-Sol, I get that in 5 litre containers which I think costs $25.25 + Gst.

Ahh ok. Does it work in a similar way to brake cleaner? Good to strip off oil and greese?

Ahh ok. Does it work in a similar way to brake cleaner? Good to strip off oil and greese?

I bought some brake cleaner stuff from BNT on special for about $6 a can. Seems just as effective as the expensive options.

Enviro Degreaser is the best product i have ever used. Many engine and machine shops use it instead of ACID dip.

It comes in a 20L drum and if you put it in a bucket or a tank it can be used many times over and over again, even once its filthy black you can skim the gunk off the top and use it just as good as clean stuff.

Works better than brake cleaner, totally non toxic, won't harm your skin . You generally only need to brush a little bit on leave for 5 minutes and hose off.

Its quite expensive but one drum should last a whole year.

Compare that to a $6 can .. and it works out a lot better.

http://www.tergo.co.nz/Tech%20Data/HTML/En...20Degreaser.htm

Edited by Jimmy