Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

Wiring related

hey, me here again

There are many wires (brown insulation) earthing out to the intake, near the diagnostic plug, any one have any idea what exactly they are earths from ? and how they would effect the cars peformance ?

and also, the injector plugs, (part of the engine loom) any way of figuring out the order of them, on the odd chance i got 2 mixed up? And if 2 were mixed up, im assuming that could cause some serious power loss ?

Thanks heaps guys

after today, and related problems, just my luck, looks like im taking apart half the fn car again,

going to have to get a new loom and ring gear on the flywheel is most likely farked,

since im doing the loom, would it be worth my time converting to mototronic 1.3 (from 1.1)

im aware ill have to buy ecu, and front pulley stuff / sensor,

but who would recommend, since im doing other various tasks while im at it ?

(prefacelift m20b25) if i didnt mention it before

Also, is there any chance to find out what injector plug corresponds to each injector, just to check i have them in the right order ?

any advice, would be fantastic, as i am UTTERLY COMPLETELY STUMPED

Howd you manage to f**k up the ring gear?

Getting the injector plugs mixed up shouldnt make much (if at all) difference, they are fired in batches, the fuel will just sit there until the valve opens.

Also BMW use brown wires for ground, so yes, all those brown wires are ground. Not sure where they go, but make sure they are all connected. Also check your chassis grounds, from chassis to engine. Theres one from the left chassis rail to the oil pan, make sure you have it connected and that it is in good shape! It can cause engine problems.

Howd you manage to f**k up the ring gear?

Getting the injector plugs mixed up shouldnt make much (if at all) difference, they are fired in batches, the fuel will just sit there until the valve opens.

Also BMW use brown wires for ground, so yes, all those brown wires are ground. Not sure where they go, but make sure they are all connected. Also check your chassis grounds, from chassis to engine. Theres one from the left chassis rail to the oil pan, make sure you have it connected and that it is in good shape! It can cause engine problems.

yeah all thats fine, im guessing the starter motor has seen its last days then. (i was thinking ,knowing my luck id damaged flywheel lol)

i think a new loom, and converting to 1.3 will remove what ever problems i may have caused