Sign in to follow this  
RvT

Speed Cameras

Punish the real speedsters not the slip ups!

Mate you got done TWICE in five minutes.....how is that a slip up?

You know the car is fast and yet you were still WAY over the limit. Not just a little bit but a lot. I appreciate you regret it and I think you mentioned that in the thread when you originally lost your license.

But 'sorry officer my car is just too fast' is a terrible excuse.

Actually, NZ road laws are some of the most ridiculous I have come across...

In my car 70km comes up faster than I can blink (and 99.99% of the time I don't even notice it and am driving completely mallow) I mean hell it's like the 1/100'th of my speedo!

never ever use a gear higher than 3rd in a 50 k area....maybe 4th but nothing higher..

Fact is guys,and many of us on this site have very fast cars & probably higher than average driving skills,we all know what the legal limits are right or wrong so DONT BLEAT if you get sprung.

Fact is guys,and many of us on this site have very fast cars & probably higher than average driving skills,we all know what the legal limits are right or wrong so DONT BLEAT if you get sprung.

dam ryt, and if you still have a problem with your speed machines and tickets lol, your more than welcome to swap cars with me :P wont get any tickets in mine :D

Mate you got done TWICE in five minutes.....how is that a slip up?

You know the car is fast and yet you were still WAY over the limit. Not just a little bit but a lot. I appreciate you regret it and I think you mentioned that in the thread when you originally lost your license.

But 'sorry officer my car is just too fast' is a terrible excuse.

I am just saying, it was not out of rebellion or whatever... I honestly did not feel or notice that I was over the limit...

And no, I never get warnings in my car. Cops just love to slap me with everything they got when they see the "BMW / M3" badge... Ok, ok maaybe the plate has something to do with it too lol.

Anyhow, I think I will be investing in a V1 once I get my license back so it keeps me in check while I am on the road.

Actually, NZ road laws are some of the most ridiculous I have come across...

100 demerit points over the duration of 2 bloody years!...

I am sorry but you deserve everything you get! If you can't drive such a "fast car" responsibly, maybe you should get a Daihatsu Mira. That way you will never get to the speed limit and never get a ticket! :P

To put your little rant above into perspective......... Australia you only get 10 demerit points over 2 years, and you can also get pulled over and fined (including demerit points) for going TOO SLOW in the fast lane.

ACTUALLY........... I wish they would do that here too. Too many NZ drivers sit in the fast lane when the "slow lane" is generally free.

Edited by zenetti

Aussie rules are strict as f**k, we dont want them in NZ. Currently have a cousin over there thats lost his license for 5 years. Was drink driving

Fact is guys,and many of us on this site have very fast cars & probably higher than average driving skills

Lol I highly doubt that. Sounds as though at least one member on this site got his license out of a cereal packet.

Thread closed. Going nowhere. If you want to read a debate about speeding do a search - there's a new thread on the subject every 6 months.

Edited by bravo