Sign in to follow this  
c.robertson00

Help! My e30 Wont Start

My e30 wont hold charge in its battery. Ive tried 3 diffrent batterys and they all go flat after about a week. I replaced the brushes on my altenater and it has been fine for about two weeks up untill yesterday. I gave it a bump start today and took it for a good 20 minute drive. I then came home and turned it of and started it up agin and it turned over 1st pop, I then came bak 30 minutes later and it had nothing. Does it sound like a crook altenater or something else?

That'd be my first guess. You can save alot of time and money by just going to an auto sparky and paying them to run their test gear on your vehicle - will be cheaper than buying $$$ of new parts to find out you havn't fixed the problem.

Sounds to me like you could have an electrical drain of some sort.

Had the same symptoms not long ago, got a mint alternator from Ray for about 70 bucks.

Worked a treat.

If you arent good at diagnosing electronics, just take it to a auto sparky.

Ditto! I am one & can assure you it being a a lot easier & cheaper to get it correctly diagnosed - a 5 min job for us