Sign in to follow this  
Tsyon213

Dent

About 2 months ago some complete idiot managed to reverse into the side of my car and left a pretty significant dent in my rear door. I have an ex panelbeater friend who said he can knock the dent out but im not sure that will get rid of it completely. would it be simpler to try find a replacement door or??

post-3408-1229743452_thumb.jpg

If your friend would do it for free, who cares if it is not 100% or I would just call dentsplus.co.nz since there are no paint damage.

If your friend would do it for free, who cares if it is not 100%

Thats hardly a fair point. For anyone who cares about their car, they're not gonna put up with a halfass job. I know I certainly wouldn't, even if it was free.

It would be a lot easier and cheaper to just find a replacement door IMO. I don't know how much dent guys cost but it looks like a pretty decent dent.

yeah its pretty significant and there is also a very small dent at the front of the door in mention. I am definately one of those who wants his car looking the best and will probably get a cut and polish done on it when i return from new years. will matching the paint on a replacement door be difficult? and what is the cost of replacing the door

EDIT: just checked dentsplus.co.nz. its 115 per panel

2nd Edit: yet they cant fix anything larger than the cirfumference of a coffee cup....mine a liiiiitle bit bigger haha

cheers

Edited by Tsyon213

Don't quote me on this but you should be able to pick up a door shell for $50 or less from someone who's wreaking one and wants it gone. I've seen a couple on trade me for less than that.

Give Ray at Hellbm a call. He'll sort you out.

Whats the cost of changing over the doors though?

Do it yourself = free

is it an easy task or something i should get a mechanically minded friend to help with?

The only problem you might have is realigning it. Although thats just a try and retry if you don't get it the first time.

Guest FrantiC

If it were my car, I would have got the guy who reversed into my car and used his friggin head to panel beat it back straight.

But yeah replacement door would be the easiest route, Not too hard to mount one.

If it were my car, I would have got the guy who reversed into my car and used his friggin head to panel beat it back straight.

I got the same sized dent on the opposite side, too bad it was a lady who did it, haha.

That doesnt sound very practical??? Unless of course u removed his head and mounted it on a handle of some sort? :P

If your friend would do it for free, who cares if it is not 100% or I would just call dentsplus.co.nz since there are no paint damage.

Dentsplus cannot repair any dent where the metal work has been creased and the dent you have there is badly creased.

I concur with what has been posted already, you go and see Ray @ HellBm for a replacement door, you never know he might even have one the same colour.

Guest FrantiC

That doesnt sound very practical??? Unless of course u removed his head and mounted it on a handle of some sort? :P

Just remove the door card, Swing his head into the dent from the inside until you pop it out.. Then buff.

Problem solved.