Sign in to follow this  
mitchE30

bmw manual convertion

out of the 320i.p/f chrome bumper.comes with pedals ,getreg 240 gear box,shift linkage,lighten fly wheel,drive shaft.clutch master and slaver cylinder,hydrolic resivior.

that is the complete kit to convert your auto to manual E30.

looking for $500 ,clearance sale.

Guest FrantiC

Hey mate,

Would this kit work for a 1996 323i ? E36?

The gearbox and clutch / flywheel etc will fit.

You would probably need to get different clutch pedal and brake pedal, e30 one may not fit - not sure on that one and a different master cylinder and clutch lines too possibly for master to slave.

And you would need to use your rear section of your driveshaft I think (Not sure if they are the same or not as the e30) but the CSB is different so you would need to fit an e36 one.

Hey thanks for that Frantic,

Sorry mate, complete noob to all this.

Im just trying to suss out, Parts prices etc, and pay someone to do the actual fitting and labour,

What sort of price do you think id be looking at parts wise? (for those extras u mentioned above?)

Cheers

Guest FrantiC

Im just trying to suss out, Parts prices etc, and pay someone to do the actual fitting and labour,

What sort of price do you think id be looking at parts wise? (for those extras u mentioned above?)

Cheers

Hit up Ray from HELLBM and ask him for a manual conversion kit, That way you would probably get the e36 manual box etc and all the right hydraulic clutch lines and pedals etc.

But I wouldn't have a clue though aye, Maybe looking at another $200 tops in parts for clutch master cylinder, hydraulic lines, Might need a manual pedal box and pedals - Not sure how it goes on the e36 and an e36 CSB for the driveshaft.

Just remember if you get an e30 kit and gearbox and use the m20's flywheel you would need an e30 clutch kit if you ever were to replace it.

I suggest you research e36 manual conversions, Not too sure parts wise what differs between the e30 ones, I just assume pedal boxes are different.

And they aren't all that hard, DIY!

Cheers

Call me..