Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Air flow issue now

Hay guys

Sorry bout the consistant posting about my car, after more testing on spark plug leads etc etc, i was playing and took the oil filler cap off the valve cover and the car, stopped moaning and started running properly

this was big woops for me but now, is it worth testing and playing with the air flow meter or giving up and upgrading to Mass Air Flow meter for the on going turbo/engine rebuild that will be going on

lolz

Be sure you havent got a big air leak somewhere. Spray brake cleaner or ether around every vacume hose you can find, around the manifold, throttle body etc etc. Failing that remove the afm check it is not bent or damaged. also check it is the right one for the computer you have.

Hay guys

Sorry bout the consistant posting about my car, after more testing on spark plug leads etc etc, i was playing and took the oil filler cap off the valve cover and the car, stopped moaning and started running properly

this was big woops for me but now, is it worth testing and playing with the air flow meter or giving up and upgrading to Mass Air Flow meter for the on going turbo/engine rebuild that will be going on

lolz

When you remove the oil cap you allow un-metered air into the engine, as the valve cover is connected to the intake boot after the AFM. so, your car is currently running too rich. The extra air going in leaned it out to a more suitable mixture. Normally its the other way around, the car starts to run poorly when you remove the oil cap. what have you stuffed around with to run so rich?

If you're really serious about turbo just go MAP, its what most of the aftermarket ECU's run. a few people have converted from AFM to MAF but mostly NA engines running a piggyback computer.