Sign in to follow this  
User Name

WTB Fuel pressure regulator+others

HI All

Just wanted to know if anyone has a aftermarket Fuel pressure regulator that they want to sell that i can put on my m30 engine for turbo conversion,

other than that leather seats for e28 body, estimate please... also air/fuel ratio guage..

many other things but gota start somewhere, will be putting aftermarket ecu to most of the job.

Cheers

HI All

Just wanted to know if anyone has a aftermarket Fuel pressure regulator that they want to sell that i can put on my m30 engine for turbo conversion,

Cheers

before you buy something you dont need; why do you think you need one? and what sort were you after exactly?

also, unless you go wideband an air/fuel gauge is pretty much useless. "rich" on a narrow band gauge is no where near rich enough for most turbo setups

Edited by Mike

I think you are right about the going wideband thing,

Basically at the moment im still trying to get the engine running correctly, and have never had a way to monitor my air/fuel mixture to make sure the car was running right, and could maybe use it for the alfa aswell

but im willing to take suggestions for you reakon i should leave it and once i get my ecu, get a wideband air/fuel ratio meter.

any help would be appreciated

before you buy something you dont need; why do you think you need one? and what sort were you after exactly?

also, unless you go wideband an air/fuel gauge is pretty much useless. "rich" on a narrow band gauge is no where near rich enough for most turbo setups

I think you are right about the going wideband thing,

Basically at the moment im still trying to get the engine running correctly, and have never had a way to monitor my air/fuel mixture to make sure the car was running right, and could maybe use it for the alfa aswell

but im willing to take suggestions for you reakon i should leave it and once i get my ecu, get a wideband air/fuel ratio meter.

any help would be appreciated

If you are interested and can wait a bit, I can give you the wiring diagram/programming for my M30 turbo setup, and I can get hold of a VEMS ECU for you or point you in the direction of buying one. I also have an unused narrow band smoke type guage if you want to buy it to check things out until you go aftermarket ECU.

Regards,

Damian.

Hi Kym, What kind of ECU are you getting? If you are going aftermarket and getting it tuned professionally which is the best option. The tuner will make sure your A/F Mixtures are correct you shouldnt need an A/F meter...

ive being looking at quite a few at the moment, ive had a look at 'VEM' that damo suggested, looked also at 'Link g4 Storm' also look at the greedy and hks piggy back systems. looked at autotronic as well

big descisions but in the year given the price, I am sawing towards the Link G4 Storm, easy interface dignostics etc as i want to be able to tune my own car to my needs,

i know it sounds bad but im looking for style for the e28 beast, and with the hopeful dreams of what sort of power i want to put out, i want a completly adjustable system that i can see in real time, and being a IT tech myself i always have computers handy for tunning and kinda like the GUI feel on the link verus other systems.

Im willing to listen to input and if people know where to source parts cheap etc, let me know as any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

I support your decision with the Link. Im running the Link G3 but not the plus or anything fancy. Good thing about them is the fact that they are NZ made which is great for support and they have come along way now and produce a reliable control system for just about any vehicle now.

How great is your understanding off fuel maps and ignition maps etc? Have you tuned before? Tuning is not just a simple task that even some tuners can carry out perform adequatly haha.. Its the most vital part of having a realiable setup especially when boost is involved.

I dont know where your at with your abilities regarding automotive tuning or mechanical skills so you may be more than capable B)

If not i would pay the money and pay a profesional to do the job, as like I am. Im fine with mechanical stuff and computers but automotive control systems and tuning... well thats a whole new world to me lol.

Just my 2c

Luke