Sign in to follow this  
David@globemarketing.co.nz

any idea what my 2002 E46 could be worth?

Hey all,

I have a July 2002 (new shape) NZ New BMW 330i which I am thinking about selling. I have seen cars bought and sold at hugely differnt prices so any assitance would be appreicated.

OK, the good parts....It has all the usual NZ new 330i spec (leather, alarm, reverse senors, etc), multi-function wheel and because its NZ new it also has a full service history. I have spent $7,500 on the car in the last 9 months. Including having the gearbox rebuilt by BM Workshop (still with a with a 19,850km, 12 month warranty). The car runs sooo smooth and is a pleasure to use.

On the neg...The car has had some use, with 195km on the clock. The interior is not the best and the outside is ok, but with some scratches and the front and back bumpers each having had abuse.

What do you think and would pics really make a diff? If so can post.

Cheers!!!

Possibly anything from $12-13k upwards. Unfortunately the 195k is going to hurt it. Have a look on TM at the various cars and what they are going for. Be aware though that not many of them have sold at their prices.

The latest I saw sell was a manual 330 with all the kit and it went for 15k in the end. Dont remember the kms on it though.

Also the condition of the interior along with any bodywork scratches arent going to help

I'd think that such an example would sell in the $12-13k bracket too! Especially if full service history + NZ new?

The one Penry was talking about had 130k on the clock, mint condition, think it was even a motorsport and most of all manual.

I reckon somewhere between 10-12k.

The one Penry was talking about had 130k on the clock, mint condition, think it was even a motorsport and most of all manual.

I reckon somewhere between 10-12k.

Cheers for your input.

Do you think that the new gearbox adds anything to the value (having just spent $4500) or becuase of the age it doesnt?

Possibly anything from $12-13k upwards. Unfortunately the 195k is going to hurt it. Have a look on TM at the various cars and what they are going for. Be aware though that not many of them have sold at their prices.

The latest I saw sell was a manual 330 with all the kit and it went for 15k in the end. Dont remember the kms on it though.

Also the condition of the interior along with any bodywork scratches arent going to help

Cheers for your input.

Cheers for your input.

Do you think that the new gearbox adds anything to the value (having just spent $4500) or becuase of the age it doesnt?

Short answer, no I dont think so.

Only my opinion thou.

It's only my opinion. Others might tell you otherwise :)

Why are you looking at selling?

It's only my opinion. Others might tell you otherwise :)

Why are you looking at selling?

Lol, hopefully those are the ones buying!

Only looking to sell because I will most prob be leaving NZ in the next 6 months. Since the gearbox has only just been done, now seemed as good a time as any to look at selling.

Fair enough.

Id look at trying to clean up the interior and touch up the bumpers as much as possible. Try to make it as appealing as possible. A couple of hundred dollars spent on painting bumpers etc could mean a sale.

Do a bit of research of other similar vehicles to determine your price. As Penry said be aware that a lot of those cars a not selling at the prices listed.

Fix it up, put it on trade me and see how you go. If your price is too high, you will soon know. You can aways come down till you attract interest.

Most of all, good luck :)

Fair enough.

Id look at trying to clean up the interior and touch up the bumpers as much as possible. Try to make it as appealing as possible. A couple of hundred dollars spent on painting bumpers etc could mean a sale.

Do a bit of research of other similar vehicles to determine your price. As Penry said be aware that a lot of those cars a not selling at the prices listed.

Fix it up, put it on trade me and see how you go. If your price is too high, you will soon know. You can aways come down till you attract interest.

Most of all, good luck :)

Agreed, many thanks for your input. Much appreciated.