Sign in to follow this  
grahamzhou

My car is shaking when i started the engine

Hi all, i need some help here plz!!

since last month, when i started my car, i felt my engine is very shaky. the revs was going up and down. so i pressed the acclerator softly to prevent the car stop running.

once the car reached normal temperture, the problem seems gone.

anyone knows what cause this problem please?

u need to get your car scanned. I just had a camshaft position sensor replaced and MAF done, could be either of those, similar symptoms. also, theres a pretty well known VANOS issue with the M52TU engine which is a rough start/idle for short trips, but you have a 330i which is M54 and I would have thought that it was resolved for these engines..

Edited by Silvermace

As Silvermace said....get it scanned first. It cant be solved in a forum....then deal with the problem... if your in Auckland I can scan it for you today or next week...just give me a call

Hi, had Similar problem, turned out that one of the blades on the fan that runs directly off the engine (yes I am very technical…pffft) was broken, had the fan replaced and it ran fine from there on. But yes if its not that get it scanned could end up wrecking something if u leave it too long.