Sign in to follow this  
laadeelaa

Woman needs help

This question is aimed at anyone who can answer it properly and knows what they are talking about. :huh:

Glenn-dizzle/dogg maybe?

Or anyone who knows stuff about e39s.

My car keeps on cutting out. It has just been serviced, and I thought it would stop the cutting out of power.

I'll be driving along, and will come to a stop at traffic lights and my car will loose power and cut out.

So I have to embarrass myself, everytime, throw a tanty and then restart the car...and it'll restart like normal and start driving again.

It doesn't happen all the time. Just maybe a few times a week.

Spark plugs have been replaced. So...is it something to do with a fuse or something?

Kiaora and Thank-You.

Edited by OLLIE
drop the capital letters!

Edit. My reading skills fail. Ignore me

Edited by Pjay

It needs to be scanned by someone with a brain. Possibly camshaft position sensor or air mass sensor.

Just give me a call if you like

You say it happens when you pull up at the lights? Is your number on the back window..? If so it will be the overload of txts coming through when you stop and people see you and get your number, the airwaves from the txts interfere with the cars computer system..

BTW I saw your other car in hamilton the other day.. Why didnt you keep the plate?

:ph34r:

It needs to be scanned by someone with a brain. Possibly camshaft position sensor or air mass sensor.

My money is on the air flow sensor.

You say it happens when you pull up at the lights? Is your number on the back window..? If so it will be the overload of txts coming through when you stop and people see you and get your number, the airwaves from the txts interfere with the cars computer system..

BTW I saw your other car in hamilton the other day.. Why didnt you keep the plate?

Plate sells a car. You'd be surprised what she got for it

Okay. Thanks Uncle Glenn.

No I don't drive around in my car with my phone number on the back. I'm too hot for that.

What other car?? :huh:^_^

Told you it'd sh*t itself :D

No you didn't! And it's done 124,000kms. Not 240,000kms like your e39.

P.s Dark blue pulls the chicks. Not light blue.

+1 for air mass sensor, our auto legacy did the same. Either clean it yourself with the special CRC Mass Air Flow Meter Spray you can get from Repco, or go see Glenn and get it sorted properly