Sign in to follow this  
Yamahoo

While you guys were working today....

nice Ross, was wicked seeing your car the other day. Should come back down for March's meet.

Yeah, a lot of fun for sure. You sure get an appreciation for how fast you guys are pedalling your 318's and 320's to turn in the kind of lap times you do. The convertible is definitely not the lightest of the e30's, and it shows on the back straight and trying to pull it up at the hairpin. Still fun though...and it feels faster with no roof.

How did you manage to get onto the track without a roll-bar in the 'vert?

I would love to take mine back on the track to compare it with my 320 but can't get out unless I fit a roll bar which I am not going to do! Just wondered?

A friend booked the track for the day - does it every year - and invites a few friends to run what they brung. About 8 guys, 2 Ducatti MotoGP bikes, a couple of GSXR's, an RS1 and such like, an Alfa 156 (my son) a 307kw Holden GTS, a Jag XKR, and me! It's a private deal, so I guess some of the normal regulations don't apply.

Edited by Ross