Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Spoiler from the UK

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get a front spoiler out of the UK for less than an arm and leg?

Everything my friends are finding is costing up to 250 quid which is a joke as the main parcel companies now charge it as 'volumetric' which means the spoiler comes in at 75kgs !

Any suggestions?

Find someone who is shipping a container of stuff out from the UK and chuck it in with the rest of their stuff.

How soon do you want the spoiler? I may have a container coming out in the next 6 - 12 months if that helps.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get a front spoiler out of the UK for less than an arm and leg?

Everything my friends are finding is costing up to 250 quid which is a joke as the main parcel companies now charge it as 'volumetric' which means the spoiler comes in at 75kgs !

Any suggestions?

i can only think of using a company that does residential/commercial relocations...You should have some contacts there mate,dont think you would want to use that actual one though <_<

don't bother - it's horrendously expensive. i ended up bringing wills mtech1 spoiler back in my luggage.

otherwise, the container as Jon said. Jon - got any room for bits? =D

Guest Simon*

Actually that could be a bit of a winner ;)

Perhaps for a nominal fee a few potential shoppers could help with the cost of Jon the Pom's wondrous container of goodies. What say Jon? Just an idea

Penry, pm Wayney...he has 'special' freight services, not sure if they apply to the UK.

Jon, if you dont mind I may take you up on that offer. Obviously Id like to have it as soon as possible but if I get through all my other options Ill be in touch.

Gus, did you bring an e28 tech1 rear spoiler for Will? Ive got one of those sitting in my garage doing nothing!

Thanks Boris, Ive sent him a PM.

Edited by Penry

feel the pain, i was 130 GB pound for 2 rotors and a set of pads :o

If you are desperate, I may have a container coming out of Holland in the next 4 weeks....

Actually that could be a bit of a winner ;)

Perhaps for a nominal fee a few potential shoppers could help with the cost of Jon the Pom's wondrous container of goodies. What say Jon? Just an idea

Provided there is still some room left for my bits an pieces, no worries :lol:

Might have to limit the amount of brand new parts (still in packaging, etc) as customs would get a bit suspicous of a container full of parts "there all for me officer, honest" and start charging GST and import duty, etc.

Fingers crossed there would be a car in the container as well, so a few parts to go with it would look Ok.

I will post up on the board when I make any definite arrangements, but is likely to be a few months away yet.

Thanks for all your offers fellas, but the pr1ck has removed the auction complaining that no-one was bidding on it. Seeing as there were still three days to go its hardly a surprise.

The search continues :(

fwiw i would be interested too.I wnt et of mats for the e 34.and i can get a good set from the UK but the postage is equivalent to the price of the mats!RHD mats are NLA from the dealer