Sign in to follow this  
grantdavis28

e30 318i exhaust

im thinking of replacing my tail pipe. i dont want anything to flashy i just do not like what i have now. i dont want anything to loud either.

currently i have a stock pfl exhaust its getting a bit rusty and stuff. im not looking to spend too much i just want something clean and simple.

no big bores!!!

i came across this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-200994972.htm

im a bit worried it my be a peace of sh*t though. although im not really into performance so maybe that doesnt matter.

i think i want something like on the 325s

anyway let me know your thoughts an ideas. will add pics soon. clean and simple!

ps. i think im planing to just replace the rear muffler. as im on a strict budget and its mainly for looks. i just am sick on the very long pipe hanging out the back of my car!!!! :D

That muffler from TradeMe is definately for show and NOT go. I would be surprised if it had any positive effect on horsepower at all on an otherwise standard exhaust system. Again, if you are keeping the rest of the exhaust standard the sound shouldn't be that much louder. I am a fan of the twin DTM style pipes so like the look.

Seems a reasonable price, my OEM 325i muffler was GBP 270 which is about $700!

Check the inlet size would fit on the 318i exhaust and that there is enough room around any read skirt you have to clear the twin pipes, otherwise the dicking about to make it fit can cost a bit of time and more $$$s

haha yea my whole car is for show not go. maybe thats what the had in mind when the built the 318i? although it is manual so its still fun to drive.

the reason i like that one on trademe compared to some other twin pipe ones is that one looks alot more factory than the others. eg black muffler body....

heres some pics. twin pipes are not a problem theres sh*t loads of room haha. just gota find some calipers the measure the inlet width.

post-3708-1233864766_thumb.jpgpost-3708-1233864786_thumb.jpg