Sign in to follow this  
keen

Nit picking the m40 does anyone know?

I have a 318 87 m40 the car runs well. but if you blip the throttle the engine firstly lowers in revs before behaving as a blipped throttle should and gives a small amount of revs. the idle is about 600 revs as normal and the engine has no other problems that I'm aware of. If this was a small engine such as a chainsaw you would alter the low mixture till that behavior was gone so what do you do with a 4 stroke when the same thing happens?

Sounds to me like your enigne is running a tad lean. the initial blip on the throttle leans the engine out causing it to drop in revs untill the ecu realises and adds the extra required fuel. try changing your fuel filter. fuel system cleaner. and check spark plugs etc.

fuel system cleaner. what do you mean by that? are you talking about the fuel filter itself? will put in new plugs also to see if that remedies it. what about the switch below the throttle body could that have anything to do with it?