Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

Thinking about selling 540i

Hey guys, price lowered to 6k firm.

Will wait one day (to see if those watchers actually meant what they bid or were 'feeling the water') before relisting on trademe for that price.

Cheers,

Ian.

Were those the factory wheels that came with the car?

I was the one that asked in the auction if you were interested in selling the wheels separately.

Good luck with the sale

Hey Dan, (thought the username was familiar :)). Nah, they were not factory, I bought them off a user on Bimmersport. I had 15" basketweave sort of rims before I bought these.

G/L with the sale Ian.

A lot of car for the money.

Ok...so after my indecision as to what I want to buy and the fact that there isn't a lot else out there which even comes close to the performance/amount of car for the money....

f**k IT.

Manual conversion/shocks/springs/fix up all the little bits and pieces is now on the cards.

Thanks for the kind words of support etc. Looks like i'm sticking to the BMW club :)

A wise decision in the current climate I think Ian.

There are not a lot of buyers out there and even fewer cars worth changing for. Even Im starting to look at the touring in a new light......admittedly the heated seats in this weather is helping ;)

A wise decision in the current climate I think Ian.

There are not a lot of buyers out there and even fewer cars worth changing for. Even Im starting to look at the touring in a new light......admittedly the heated seats in this weather is helping ;)

Absolutely mate, this same thing happened to me last year when i was going to sell the e32, i had it on the market for much less than i spent on it and at the end of it i decided to keep it. Why should you spend all that money getting it to near perfection only for someone to buy it for less and whether or or not they will take care of it as well as you did. And you'd be kicking yourself if you ended up buying a lemon when the e34 is such a brilliant and reliable car, or not finding a worthy replacement. I think you've made a good choice.