- 1993 540i

- 4L quad cam v8

- 207xxxkm

- 5 speed automatic

- LSD - no ASC

- Sunroof

- AVS S5 5star alarm

- I replaced the MAF through Glenn in March 08

- Paint/body work in good condition, with one scratch on the boot lid when I purchased it

- Has a towbar

- Has had front mufflers removed for a slightly louder note (pretty standard at idle, but louder at higher rpm)

- Genuine AC Schnitzer front 17x8.5 rear 17x9.5 rims, front rubber is decent, rear has has camber wear from last owner and might need to be replaced for next warrant

- Has just had front/rear swaybar bushes replaced with Nolathane/links replaced, upper and lower control arms and 'dogbones'/'pitman arms' as bmw calls them replaced with OEM parts - handles MUCH better than before

- Transmission has recently had a filter replacement/flush.

- Oil change last done about 1month ago

- Waterpump/thermostat and coolant changed about 1month ago

- V-belt replaced as thought it was slipping

- Valve cover gaskets have recently been replaced and cam covers quickly resprayed to remove unsightly peeling paint

- The car doesn't get driven all too much, and when it is it is usually for long trips (I have a corolla to do the mundane city driving in)

- Has a few stone chips on the bonnet/front area

- Brake discs/pads were replaced about 6months ago and fluid changed

- Interior in very good condition

- Recent balancing on all wheels and alignment

Personalised Plate not included in sale

Have all receipts of major work done over the last 4months or so?? Unfortunately I was stupid and didn't bother keeping receipts before then (which is for trans flush/filter, AFM from Glenn (which he might remember?) and I think that's all the major work that's been undertaken to my knowledge).

Faults:

Still has shimmy at 80-100km

Has standard radio/tape/cd changer unit - the radio doesnt work anymore (tape/cd changer ok) and it appears to only have one usable volume level.

Diff has a slow leak, appears to be coming from the input shaft part.

Contact me on bimmersport or call/text 02102516702.

I have honestly listed all problems to the best of my knowledge and am more than happy for interested purchasers to get it checked out by a professional at their cost.

post-2030-1234771759_thumb.jpg post-2030-1234771813_thumb.jpg post-2030-1234771864_thumb.jpg post-2030-1234771915_thumb.jpg

Edited by Creaver

A shame to hear that mate. From the pictures I've seen she's a real stunner.

Sounds like you've looked after it while you've owned it, hope you find someone to sell it to that appreciates it as much as you do.

Good luck with whatever happens.

Nick

Post updated with other things which have come to mind I have done to the e34.

You'll only live to regret it Ian :ph34r:

Nice car, my sympathies for having to sell mate

I know, after just doing the arms/swaybars it handles so f**king well compared to how it was, even without shocks/springs upgraded.

Byron - probably look into a deposit on a house (and then work towards something faster :D)

This could be exactly what i'm looking for. But not until early march and/or until i Have sold my money pit that is the legacy.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, and if its still available closer to the time, i'll be in touch.

Edited by twisted

Cool no worries, as I said i'm in no rush at the moment, so won't be putting on trademe or anything anytime soon.

Seriously for sale now, have edited original post with more recent information.

Good luck with the sale. I think these are fantastic cars and hope you find a buyer soon.

If you get desperate, you could always go the old no reserve avenue. It will be interesting to see what this one goes for No reserve 540i E34

Cheers, will be very interested to see how that auction goes and gauge the market.

Hey good luck with selling it, looks like an awsome 540. You going after real power now :P

Haha, it's fake power according to Rjacwhatsaface - a sierra/sapphire cosworth....or a house :)

Cheers Greg.

No mention of the track day Ian? :rolleyes:

That will be fixed up within the next week all going well, so I personally don't think I need to :)

House isn't as fast but proberly the sensible choice.

Haha, it's fake power according to Rjacwhatsaface - a sierra/sapphire cosworth....or a house :)

Cheers Greg.

Had the pleasure of following Doug (M3 Cab) in his M3 on Sunday & there aint nothing fake about that power.

Go the Cossie-houses will still be cheap next year.

Good luck with the sale.

Mate, it looks like you've done all the hard work so that the next owner can enjoy all the trouble free driving, what a shame you have to sell. Oh well good luck and all :)

Cheers guys. I don't think the diff seal would be too much of a biggie either...

Calypso Rot FTW. Hope you get the price you want :) Its a tidy car

Good luck sir!

I'll probably be keeping mine, taking it off the road and just getting a 525i instead to replace it for daily use.

Figure the only way to go with these cars is just buy them, rather than try sell them.

It's just sad what they are worth in this current market.

Ian, I'm going to ask you the same question you asked me a while back- remember you asked if I wanted to sell AC Schnitzers on my (white) 540? Would you be interested in trading on my wheels http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=212175488. Obvoulsy give you some dosh as well.

These are to go on the E39 540- part of the upgrading I want to do before the car is 'worthy' of posting on BS I spoke of before. I'd dearly love the wheels.

I know there's probably little motivation to swap wheels for you... but it would be a little more $ in the pocket. Q would obvously be: would it detract from the sale . Chr Adrian

Dude you have put so much effort into the car- as tastic said fantastic buy for someone with all $ already spent. Gutting...

Not too sure at the moment :S. How much my way if I was to go ahead? PM me.