Sign in to follow this  
Bultee

Japanese Audi Radios

I have read all the helpfull discusion about converting Japanese BMW radio/TVs to work in NZ. Does anyone have any similar advice for my 2003 Audi Allroad?

thanks

I have read all the helpfull discusion about converting Japanese BMW radio/TVs to work in NZ. Does anyone have any similar advice for my 2003 Audi Allroad?

thanks

We have been told by Continental cars you cant do it. Could be worth trying them again though

thanks

Hi

I had an 03 Allroad too and tried everywhere to get it converted. In the end, no one in NZ can help you, the Sat Nav is a waste of effort due to no NZ maps available for Audis. The best you can do is throw a FM band expander in. I did find out that you can pick up used radio and maybe TV tuners from wrecked Allroads in Europe. Try doing a search on eBay Germany or UK for it. Landed cost was about $NZ 700 to convert so I decided it wasn't worth it and save up for the newer model. FYI the latest Allroad does have TV working but still no programable radios - I have to put in a band expander again.

The price we pay for cheaper Jap models Posted Image

Hi

I had an 03 Allroad too and tried everywhere to get it converted. In the end, no one in NZ can help you, the Sat Nav is a waste of effort due to no NZ maps available for Audis. The best you can do is throw a FM band expander in. I did find out that you can pick up used radio and maybe TV tuners from wrecked Allroads in Europe. Try doing a search on eBay Germany or UK for it. Landed cost was about $NZ 700 to convert so I decided it wasn't worth it and save up for the newer model. FYI the latest Allroad does have TV working but still no programable radios - I have to put in a band expander again.

Audi/Volkswagon NZ do now have nav map available so retrofit MAY be an option. Not that I have researched

Do they not have worldwide tunable TV tuners as BMW?

Hi

Be interested to see some pics of the Allroad :)

Be interested to see some pics of the Allroad :)

Your not thinking about changing again .... Has it been 1 month already since your last car :P

Wife's car so I don't have any pics on the PC ... that being said, they are brilliant towing cars with the self adjusting shocks etc so I do use it a bit. Attached a couple of images that we got sent when we bought / imported it ex JP

post-33-1238956685_thumb.jpg

post-33-1238956699_thumb.jpg