Sign in to follow this  
Dyl

E36 M3

Hi Bimmersport community

Some of you may remember my Hell Red E36 M3 I sold a few months ago on Trademe. I miss it and am looking for another E36 M3. I think maybe the buyer's market might work in my favour but if anyone knows someone looking to sell theirs or happens to come across a tidy example I would owe you a debt of gratitude for letting me know!

For what its worth I drive an immaculate 2000 Audi S3. Potentially a bartering card?

Cheers

Dylan :D

Take a look here. It's in Chch though. Owned by BS member crazyarab. Might still be forsale?

Edited by bravo

Hey Dylan, glad to hear you're interested in another M3.

As Graham said, Atta's got a absolutely mint M3. Bit of a trek though to christchurch, but I'm completely sure it'd be worth it!

Post some pictures of your S3 mate, keen to check it out.

Cheers Graham and Nick..

I have looked at length at the M3 in Chch. It really is a stunning example and I would very much like it, but it is in Chch and at the risk of starting another scathing "value" debate much like the e30 M3 forum (shudder) I think $21 is the very very top of the value bracket for a 3.0L. I did end up making a loss on my 95 3.0 M3 and that was about eight months ago. It was similar specs and purchased at $19K. Cheers for the link though!!

PS Dont get me wrong. CZYARB's M3 is Mean.

Guest Spottswoode

Yo Dylan, its Sam, sure you don't want an E30! What colour are you after, 3.0 or 3.2?

Cheers Graham and Nick..

I have looked at length at the M3 in Chch. It really is a stunning example and I would very much like it, but it is in Chch and at the risk of starting another scathing "value" debate much like the e30 M3 forum (shudder) I think $21 is the very very top of the value bracket for a 3.0L. I did end up making a loss on my 95 3.0 M3 and that was about eight months ago. It was similar specs and purchased at $19K. Cheers for the link though!!

PS Dont get me wrong. CZYARB's M3 is Mean.

Hi Dylan, sad to hear you sold the beast :(

Considering the condition of my car and the other E36 M3's currently on the market, I think my car is very reasonably priced. Also, it's not like I was not considering offers or anything.

Anyhow, as I have mentioned on here before (and on the trademe listing) the car is nearly sold.

The guy came around to drive the car again today and he loves it, so I don't see the deal going south.

Unless he is pulling my leg... I think I will be on my push bike soon :(.

Edited by crazyarab

Hi Dylan, sad to hear you sold the beast :(

Considering the condition of my car and the other E36 M3's currently on the market, I think my car is very reasonably priced. Also, it's not like I was not considering offers or anything.

Anyhow, as I have mentioned on here before (and on the trademe listing) the car is nearly sold.

The guy came around to drive the car again today and he loves it, so I don't see the deal going south.

Unless he is pulling my leg... I think I will be on my push bike soon :(.

I was concerned that you might take it the wrong way mate. Your car is stunning and I wanted it when I was looking for my M3 - I just couldn't get down to Christchurch. Good luck with the sale mate, just make sure it goes to a good owner. Let me know if it falls through, I am ever hopefull. Dont worry Nick, Ill give you a drive when I get my next one. LOL

What's next on the cards for you anyway? Maybe a non licence eating 316i? Maybe an Isetta?

Yo Dylan, its Sam, sure you don't want an E30! What colour are you after, 3.0 or 3.2?

Sammy!! Refer CRZARB's M3. That's what Im looking for, only closer to Auckland. Give me a text 021924942 - still driving the 325? I have the next couple of weeks off, keen for a beer

I was concerned that you might take it the wrong way mate. Your car is stunning and I wanted it when I was looking for my M3 - I just couldn't get down to Christchurch. Good luck with the sale mate, just make sure it goes to a good owner. Let me know if it falls through, I am ever hopefull. Dont worry Nick, Ill give you a drive when I get my next one. LOL

What's next on the cards for you anyway? Maybe a non licence eating 316i? Maybe an Isetta?

No worries man, everyone has their own situation and scenario. It will cost you a bit extra to consider my car as it's in Christchurch... flying down to drive it, not knowing any mechanics here etc then driving it up or shipping it... there is a fair bit to consdier. So that will bump up the price a bit more so I fully understand where you are coming from ^_^

Just between me and you, I too am hoping the sale will fall though! It's probably in the best condition it has been since I bought it... full front spray etc is looking B) making me feel so much worse about this sale than I already am.

But yeh, want to move on to other things. As for what... I have a few ideas bubbling in my head at this stage, either E46/E30 M3, nice E39 M540, E34 M5 or E30 series race car (really keen to try the racing thing at some stage).

So yeh, too many options to choose from!

Unfortunately it will mean I have to let my baby go.

Edited by crazyarab

No worries man, everyone has their own situation and scenario. It will cost you a bit extra to consider my car as it's in Christchurch... flying down to drive it, not knowing any mechanics here etc then driving it up or shipping it... there is a fair bit to consdier. So that will bump up the price a bit more so I fully understand where you are coming from ^_^

Just between me and you, I too am hoping the sale will fall though! It's probably in the best condition it has been since I bought it... full front spray etc is looking B) making me feel so much worse about this sale than I already am.

But yeh, want to move on to other things. As for what... I have a few ideas bubbling in my head at this stage, either E46/E30 M3, nice E39 M540, E34 M5 or E30 series race car (really keen to try the racing thing at some stage).

So yeh, too many options to choose from!

Unfortunately it will mean I have to let my baby go.

Personally, if I was spending 40-50K I would be looking hard at E30 M3s. At least then you know that you wont be taking a MAJOR hit on depreciation, if at all. I love the e46 M3 though. Looks awesome, haven't driven one but Ill bet they rock. If you're keen on racing you can always take your car out on a track open day. That way you can rip around the track, get your jollies out and go home at a safe speed. Motorsport as a hobby is hellishly expensive. I had a mate in rally and he sank tens of thousands into a Toyota Starlet rally car. Never won anything and crashed a few times. Ouch.