Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Price check wanted

Forget the price the guy is asking for I already know its high and I dont want another thread going way off topic.

I dont know alot about e36's so I want people who do to give me an indication of what they think this car is worth and what any potential buyer should be looking for.

Visit My Website

Im not interested in any other vehicle on TM other than as a price comparison. I can see several on TM for 3-4k less but they have all done 70-80k more and I can see only one other at this kind of milage and condition and its similarly priced.

Edited by Penry

I think that car is $10k tops. Remember it is a 95. IMHO $12k is tops for an E36 - for that you would be expecting a 97/98 NZ new one with low kms. $15k is E46 territory.

Before people tell me I'm being too harsh - I own a similar car to the one listed (albeit an import auto).

BTW - Why are you looking at this Martyn? I thought you hated E36's?

I will agree that the car is a little overpriced.

Currently I have a fresh impot on the yard. It is an auto 1996 325i (323i correctly the Japanese didn't have a 323) //M sport coupe in Cosmosschwartz done 93,00kms and am asking $11995.00 on the road.

He wants a touring and is interested in a deal.

I dont 'hate' e36's, Im just not found of them. Id also consider this easier to sell than mine in the current market and if there is a deal to be made that I couldnt refuse then it might be a goer.

There's a very nice NZ new, fully kitted, Msport auto version of this, with 114 k's, for $9,000 on tm at the moment, so would think this should be closer to $12 than $15. A lot closer.

He wants a touring and is interested in a deal.

I dont 'hate' e36's, Im just not found of them. Id also consider this easier to sell than mine in the current market and if there is a deal to be made that I couldnt refuse then it might be a goer.

I see... So you are wanting to do a swap + cash. These sort of deals are always hard to do. Do you have any idea of how much cash he is willing to part with?

If you are swapping simply to relist his car, you need to ask yourself if it is worthwhile. Say he swaps cars and gives you $5k, you need to relist the 328i, try to sell it and negotiate. At the end of the day someone might grind you down to $10-$11k......... Surely it would be easier (if you are really wanting to sell the E39) to drop the price to $15-$16k?

Just my two cents!

Thats a fair point Jeremy but I wasnt getting any takers when the touring was at those prices either.

Ive spoken with the owner and know exactly where he is coming from and why he has priced it at that amount so the 15k really isnt an issue for me.

Im not sure that I would be swapping to simply sell on, Id keep it for a while for some fun or until the car I really want comes along. If I can release 7-8k now and sell it for around 10-11k later then it could be worth it.

I have my reasons for needing a quick bit of money that I wont be going into on here.

Thats a fair point Jeremy but I wasnt getting any takers when the touring was at those prices either.

Ive spoken with the owner and know exactly where he is coming from and why he has priced it at that amount so the 15k really isnt an issue for me.

Im not sure that I would be swapping to simply sell on, Id keep it for a while for some fun or until the car I really want comes along. If I can release 7-8k now and sell it for around 10-11k later then it could be worth it.

I have my reasons for needing a quick bit of money that I wont be going into on here.

Fair comment. If you can get the $7-8k go for it.

If it doesn't work out, why not take the $1 reserve risk for your E39 (and hope for somewhere between $12-$15k) and buy something cheap that you really like? E32's are peanuts these days!