Sign in to follow this  
xtr041947

20" Alpina Softline's

Hi Boys and Girls,

trying to find some resonbly priced 20" Aplina Softline's for my e38.

Anybody able to source, they dont need to be orginal Aplina's.

Cheers

Sam

There is a bloke on TM supposedly selling an M7...hehe

He has a couple of sets of alloys apparantly so perhaps you could tempt him with some reddies.

yeah i've given him a text hes not to keen on giving up his wheels, make me an offer i possibly couldn't refuse is he what he said to me

That doesnt surprise me at all. His car has been for sale for ages so he may be keen to make a deal. I have no idea what they would be worth though.

My 18's cost me $800 with knackered rears and wrong profile fronts and there was a set of 20's that were on for $$$'s, cant remember them selling though.

Maybe offer him a grand and see how he reacts, they really dont come up very often.

Hi Boys and Girls,

trying to find some resonbly priced 20" Aplina Softline's for my e38.

Anybody able to source, they dont need to be orginal Aplina's.

Cheers

Sam

Hey Sam if you can't find the alpinas I have a brand new in the box set of Ruff Racing 20 X 8.5 Wheels for sale, they are 5 spoke black centre with big polished lip. Offset is 20p so should suit all of 5,6,7 and 8 series.

I got these as replacements under warranty as I had a 20" Ruff Mesh Wheel crack and they didn't have a replacement so gave me a whole new set of wheels.

I wasn't overly keen on the black centres on my silver 540i wagon and then got offered a staggered set of Koya Kahn 20 x 8.5 fronts and 20 x 10 rears (ginormous dish :D ) in Silver with stainless lip so couldn't pass these up hence have the Ruffs for sale.

Heres a pic of the wheel from a catalogue, will take a picture of the actual wheels tomorrow.

Was going to put them on trademe later this week but am open to offers from any bimmersport members. Will look very sharp on dark coloured cars or white.

Also heres a couple of pics of my wagon with the Koyas B)

post-2876-1235368400_thumb.jpg

post-2876-1235368810_thumb.jpg

post-2876-1235368835_thumb.jpg

Adam you NEED clear indicators on the rear to top it all off mate

Looks hot

Thanks Simon,

Yeah I know but where do I get them, I saw late last year on Bimmerforums some guy was doing them in Europe but marginal on delivery... <_<

Will take some more pics with the new wheels and post up when I get a chance, heres a side shot.

post-2876-1235521032_thumb.jpg

Guest Simon*

Definitely looks good. Usually 20" rims look a bit freakish but I think you get away with it quite nicely here. Big dish always helps :) Just the thinnest ribbon of black rubber to be seen!

And you have roughly about the same amount of tuck under the rear arches as me I reckon. A sensible but 'sporting' height. Are you running a slippy diff? I see you're off to Puke on Fri - have you had her round the track before? How does she go?

As for clears, ask Ray to keep an eye out for you :ph34r:

Buy a can of tint spray and do them all red. I think you might struggle to find a set for an e34 touring and this wont cost you any more than the can of paint.

Im thinking about doing it with the touring myself.

Guest Simon*

Buy a can of tint spray and do them all red. I think you might struggle to find a set for an e34 touring and this wont cost you any more than the can of paint.

Im thinking about doing it with the touring myself.

That might do ok. But unless I'm very much mistaken those taillights are just the same as the sedan

Definitely looks good. Usually 20" rims look a bit freakish but I think you get away with it quite nicely here. Big dish always helps :) Just the thinnest ribbon of black rubber to be seen!

And you have roughly about the same amount of tuck under the rear arches as me I reckon. A sensible but 'sporting' height. Are you running a slippy diff? I see you're off to Puke on Fri - have you had her round the track before? How does she go?

As for clears, ask Ray to keep an eye out for you :ph34r:

Yeah imo the Big Dish doesn't make them look too big. The rears came with 285/25/20 Yokohamas but not a chance of fitting under the guards so put on Falken FK452's in 255/30/20 which are mint.

Re ride height yes its a good height now, originally I was running Vogtland 6 cylinder e34 touring Springs all round with factory shocks which made the front super low but the softer springs had the front hitting the bump stops and finally rooted the shocks. So now have Billy sports with custom springs from Keith which sits about 15mm higher than before (same springs as Ray HELLBM had in his E34) and the ride quality is 100% better especially as I use it as a daily driver.

I will be taking my Honda CR-X race car to the track on Friday but may take the Wagon around for a couple of laps to see how it goes, unfortunately no LSD as it is the last of the E34's which came with traction control instead :(

Guest Simon*

unfortunately no LSD as it is the last of the E34's which came with traction control instead :(

I have both. But my ASC can be switched off. Yours not?

Did the touring originally have self-levelling rear too?

I have both. But my ASC can be switched off. Yours not?

Did the touring originally have self-levelling rear too?

Yes I can turn my ASC off but no I don't have an LSD :o

The Rear Self Levelling system is still working fine so just put in the Vogtland lowering springs and adjusted the height on the SLS connecting arm to lower the rear to match the front.

Glenn removed the Camber warning switch (dash light comes on when rear is too low and too much camber) I think by taking out the arm and pinning lever in place to fool the system.