Sign in to follow this  
sid_nz

broken e30

my e30 323i just wont start

Cylinders are getting fuel and theres plenty of spark (new sparkplugs and coil) but just wont start. turns over fine and everything seems to be working...but just wont start.

Any tips or someone in the Palmerston North area willing to help me get it going ($$$ involved)

Guest FrantiC

Timming. Check the dizzy is timed.

What exactly have you done to it? Any changes, Was it running then you changed something and it stopped? Or left it for a while? Bought it as a no runner?

have got it running now. it was parked on the grass and after moving it into the garage and trying to get it going discovered large puddle of fuel under right rear tyre. turns out theres a little round hollow bit after the fuel pump with 2 black hoses on it leading from the fuel pump and into a hard fuel line up to the engine. After trying to salvage the part and the lines of my parts car discovered that the 87 has a different fuel line to the 85 so that didint work. anyone had this problem before? there dosent seem to be any gas leaking above the part but at the same time no obvious holes or cracks in the little metal round thing (i assume is some kind of sediment collector or somthing)

help would be apreciated