Sign in to follow this  
arcon

whistling E46...

when i accelerate my 2001 320i whistles lol... its not really loud but definitely noticeable and never used to be like that.... i have recently had new brakes/rotors but i can't recall when it started happening.. i think it was before that..? i have an oil service due in 300Km.

Possibly the crankcase ventilator valve.. can check it next week for you...wont be at work tomorrow

Hey this is just an idea, check your mirrors if they're out of place just a little bit they tend to whistle, well mine do anyway and they look similar to yours.

just following up on this - i had it checked out and its been traced to tensioners on the belts...? i hope that makes sense and i heard correctly lol. in any case there's a shortage on them in NZ right now i have to wait a week or so. i haven't been quoted yet but if anybody knows what sort of cost this would incur that would be cool.

just following up on this - i had it checked out and its been traced to tensioners on the belts...? i hope that makes sense and i heard correctly lol. in any case there's a shortage on them in NZ right now i have to wait a week or so. i haven't been quoted yet but if anybody knows what sort of cost this would incur that would be cool.

BM Workshop in Grey Lynn has them . Ask for Mel or Nick Ph.3761250