Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Thumbs up to RXSUMO

Hey guys, this is a quick note to say a BIG thanx to Darryl (RXSUMO).

I bought an E3 2500 off him, the car is in very good condition and came with 2 engines and near complete manual conversion.

Darryl went way out of his way to help me, i won't tell you how much i paid for the car but i will say it was a very VERY low amount.

Not only did he accept my $ offer but he bought the car and all the spares up to New Plymouth from Wellington on the crappiest day we've had in weeks, can't thank him enough.

Darryl, you the MAN ;)

Out of interest, what are your plans for the 2500?

Plans so far (but may change over time) Rebuild 2.5ltr with the 4spd manual, my 16" throwing star reps (charcoal centres with polished lip), paint was going to be toyota Avensis brown met but as the interior is blue and in VERY good cond i think it wil have to be a dark blue or very deep purple. I want this car to be able to stand out for being a very classy looking big Bimmer with a few after market additions but still be able to sit proudly among others in a inter marque show.

Sounds like its going to be a very sweet car. Can't wait to see some pics.

I have similar plans for mine. I bought the 3.0S a few years ago with only 150,000km on the clock, and the body & interior are very tidy. There's no rust (which is rare for these cars), the original handbooks are in the glovebox, most of the factory ttools are in the bootlid tooltray and the cloth upholstery has no rips or wear marks. An aircon system has been fitted at some stage of its life too! Doubt that it'll work but ya neva know. . .

The previous owner had overheated it when a bypass hose split, resulting in a blown headgasket. He carefully dry-stored it for several years before losing interest. I'm pulling the 3 litre engine and auto out, and replacing them with a 3.5 litre and 4 speed manual. After looking for bits, it was actually cheaper to buy a complete running car to steal the gearbox out of, than to buy a gearbox on its own. As a result, a tired E12 525 will make the ultimate sacrifice. :o It will also donate its flywheel. The remains of the E12 will be offered to anyone interested.

i have a full set of five Simmons two-piece 15" rims for the car, although I have half an eye on a set of 17" type 5 rims which may or may not become available sometime in the next year. ;) The Simmons will probably look more "period correct", but who knows . . . .

I'm hoping to get the car finished this year. Mind you, I had hoped to get it finished last year too, but life got in the way. Apparently there's less than two dozen E3's left in the country. One of BMW's best kept secrets!

Yeah the more i look at mine the more i think it's just a classy lookin' car.

Mine also has original keys, handbooks and even still has the paper tag (was stuffed into handbook case) that was attached to the keys when delivered to NZ.

Good to know of someone else saving an E3, another person to bounce ideas off lol.

Mine has 65,000 miles on it (104,000km)

Edited by bellicose