Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

I have to really really question some people's intelligence

Old news kinda but figured i'd share it after the post about car registration and it being easy for people to find out where you live to come steal you car..

2 weeks ago i rocked home from work to find some model citizens had decided to try and break into my 306... I know none of you have seen it apart from Apex... 

The car is completely and utterly stripped... It was going to get a rollcage put into it before i bought the 205.  No carpets, no heater, no fans, etc... Only things in the car are 2 seats, front seat belts, the shell of the dash, gear stick, factory steering wheel, front door cards and speedo...

The drivers side is very obviously missing the interior door lock/unlock tab, and you need a pair of pliers to pull it up to unlock it... 

So the complete legends, tried to screw driver the drivers door lock... failing at that they shattered the rear 3/4 window on the drivers side...

The only thing we can think of is that they wanted to take it for a joy ride... but it's a 14 yr old beaten up pug that isnt anything special... really have to wonder about some people...  

Edited by DRTDVL

Opps forgot to mention my 306 is parked in my driveway behind a fence... We take my girlfriends car to work.

scumbags.... I guess on the plus side though you still have your car, it hasn't been for a joy ride then handed back to you!

soz 2 to hear that bra

your story reminds me of when I was working in town once and this dude came to my work & asked if we'd seen this old school car with rollcage and everything stolen

scumbags.... I guess on the plus side though you still have your car, it hasn't been for a joy ride then handed back to you!

Same story as always... the insured value is much more than what i could get for it... Kinda wish they did take it as i have a very long road ahead to covert back to a complete full trim road car...

your story reminds me of when I was working in town once and this dude came to my work & asked if we'd seen this old school car with rollcage and everything stolen

made my day

soz 2 hear about your car tho. When i park my car in carparks at night i always worry about it getting stolen, because i think the idea is that if a car has a rollcage and is gutted, car thieves think its got a load of power under the bonnet, which isnt the case with my car :P

Edited by Jamez

i'm absolutly paranoid when it comes to the 205... really don't like letting it out of my sight if i have take it out..

Some crooks are idiots.

I had an old Holden Barina parked on my front lawn. One night I forget to lock it, and I came out the next morning and the door barrel had been wrecked with a screwdriver. It was unlocked, and the only thing of value in it was a phonebook.

I had my mk2 golf broken into at Charles de Gaulle airport a few years back. These winners left the stereo, RayBans, toolbox and other assorted crap and nicked the parcel shelf, gear knob and surround. I still can't understand why - it cost all of about 15 euro to get replacements from the wrecker.