Sign in to follow this  
318is

Do M3 wing mirrors

Want sum for my car, but I need fold in mirrors, cos I need to to get in da garage ( only past roller door ). After a few, maybe too many, I keep scratching the mirrors on the damn roller, so fold them in now ;) So - are M3 mirrors 'fixed' in the normal position, or do they fold in? - Thanks

Buy a newer model car, the one with the electric fold in mirrors, that'll make life easier or you.

I just fold in the drivers one - makes all the differance. My question was, do M3 mirrors fold in, either electric or manually doing it.

And the 96 beamer is good enuf for me right now.

I just fold in the drivers one - makes all the differance. My question was, do M3 mirrors fold in, either electric or manually doing it.

And the 96 beamer is good enuf for me right now.

Are we talking about the aftermarket M3 wing mirrors or original one's ?

If the after market yes i have seen some that folds and some that doesn't, but for original you can just ask M3AN.

The e36 M3 & ACS mirrors dont fold in thats one great reason why people stay away from them. 1g a set doesnt look all that good when they are hanging off the side of the car after getting hit.

Give your dealer a call and see if your ride has the wire loom for the electric fold in standard mirrors, other than that you could have a look at the rep mirrors. Once again if you dont have the plug for power how are they going to fold?? :ph34r:

The e36 M3 & ACS mirrors dont fold in thats one great reason why people stay away from them. 1g a set doesnt look all that good when they are hanging off the side of the car after getting hit.

Give your dealer a call and see if your ride has the wire loom for the electric fold in standard mirrors, other than that you could have a look at the rep mirrors. Once again if you dont have the plug for power how are they going to fold?? :ph34r:

Chers Ali - I'll just look in the TIS on my car for the loom. Mine fold in manually, but if M3 mirrors are 'solid', they won't do me any good for now.

Actually, they are elcectric adjustable mirrors ( viewable angle ), so at a stab in the dark, they will have provision for it in the loom.

My bro has M3 style mirrors on his Ronda, they look kinda 'chunky', but kool. Next time im over, I'll just lean on them to test them out..hehe

Buy a newer model car, the one with the electric fold in mirrors, that'll make life easier or you.

bro, my parents 1989 wing mirrors fold in electronically... But then having said that, an ass dragging, bog standard, hub-cap sporting, diesel doesnt quite compare to the style and comfort etc of a BMW... I dont mind not having to fold my mirrors in manually - its not hard to, and unlike my wagon, the mirrors will click into place at the extended position so its no big deal...

Arent M3 mirrors a hell of a lot stubbier than the factory ones? Not too sure, but they look that way!