Sign in to follow this  
mattc

Radio reception gone (93 e34 540i)

I have an aftermarket head unit and it was going fine but then it started to get bad static when the car was first turned on and for about ten seconds after that, then reception would become clear and it was fine until the car was stopped and started again.

Now the reception has completely died at all times. I've had a search on here and am aware of the signal booster thing which i have checked has 12v to the thin white wire.

Does this sound like my booster has died?

I have an aftermarket head unit and it was going fine but then it started to get bad static when the car was first turned on and for about ten seconds after that, then reception would become clear and it was fine until the car was stopped and started again.

Now the reception has completely died at all times. I've had a search on here and am aware of the signal booster thing which i have checked has 12v to the thin white wire.

Does this sound like my booster has died?

maybe . try sticking a bit of wire in the aerial socket and see if that works fine .

if so maybe bad booster or aerial cable from the stereo to the back window . have all options if needed,.