Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Removing Cylinder Head

OT kinda. Car is a 1991 Mitsi Galant 1800.

Feel free to delete if not worth discussning.

My neighbour's just had a cambelt snap on her after having a "mechanic" do a cashy on her water pump and cambelt. She is sorting the legal side of that so won't mention any more about it.

Am thinking of naming and shaming but will see where it goes first.

Anyways,she was driving it and as far as I can tell it snapped,motor died, she tried to restart it and I'm guessing MAY have stuffed some of the valves etc. SO basicly all I wanna do is pull the cylinder head apart and take it to someone to assess and see if it can be put back together without having to redo valves etc ( car is only worth about a grand anyway). So if it's all sweet I'll just chuck a new belt on and wait for her to sort out her problem with the mechanic.

So... just want to know if there's anything I should be cautios of when doing it? I was thinking of systematically undoing everything 'til it's out. B)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ashkan

It wont be alright. It will have bent valves, they are a no tolerance motor. Not worth repairing if its going to cost more than the grand you said it was worth...and it will cost more than a grand.

Ahh right. Cheers for that.

Name and shame? :D