Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Yellow Headlights

In the process of now turning my car to look essentially like this:

post-3292-1236876416_thumb.jpg

Can I have both front headlights yellow like that? I checked in the road code its says Two good headlights that can be dipped when another vehicle comes towards you. All good, and then it says: Two white or amber position lights at the front. Can I get away with full yellow? I know of one guy on here who had a 325 with his high beams yellow and just wondered if he had any problems/I can get away with that.

Thanks, Nathan

Edited by Brams

No, my friend's Trueno has recently been pinged for yellow headlights :(

Just get some clear yellow vinyl and stick it over the glass, any troubles pull them off and stick some more on when you get home.

Well that sucks. On a side note, who reckons I do DTMesque Fluroecent Green Wing Mirrors? LOL

Just get some clear yellow vinyl and stick it over the glass, any troubles pull them off and stick some more on when you get home.

+1, this will be the easiest solution

Well that sucks. On a side note, who reckons I do DTMesque Fluroecent Green Wing Mirrors? LOL

To make it look more badass and to match the mirrors, have some clear lime green vinyl on headlights for track days or something?

Or permanent yellow mirrors to match the headlights?

Edited by _BRS_

Cheers Blair and Apex, where would be the best place to buy clear yellow vinyl??

Or just obey the law and keep them clear.

Yellow lights can look great, but if the law does not allow them in NZ why bother?

They are hardly dangerous… Makes me laugh that the WOF guys would most likely fail this but let retrofitted HID kits pass <_<

Still think clear is best anyways.

A local sign writer should be able to order and sell you a few meters.

They are hardly dangerous.

Im not questioning whether they are 'hardly dangerous' or not.

If they are illegal in NZ (which they appear to be after having a quick scan of the LTSA website) encouraging people to do it is not something Bimmersport wants to be associated with.

I can only agree with you about the retrofitted HID's but thats another story

No, 'cos I got dibs on flourescent green :P

j/k

In all seriousness I think flouro wing mirrors wouldn't really look that good :unsure:

Im not questioning whether they are 'hardly dangerous' or not.

If they are illegal in NZ (which they appear to be after having a quick scan of the LTSA website) encouraging people to do it is not something Bimmersport wants to be associated with.

I can only agree with you about the retrofitted HID's but thats another story

I don't want to percive bimmersport as a forum that encourages breaking the law (too many threads before this one gets closed because of this exact reason). I agree some laws are flawed, but being a uni student I can't afford fines etc.

I got the answer I wanted, so thanks everyone.