Sign in to follow this  
37 South

E36 318IS

Anyone know what is involved to replce leaking dif.seals(both sides)and what would be the cost?

post-63-1237163776_thumb.jpg

post-63-1237164057_thumb.jpg

The seal are worth about $35 each..diff oil $50 and about 2 hrs work. You need to remove the rear exhaust, sway bar, axles and half shafts. Install new seals, change the diff oil, reassemble and road test. Then recheck for leaks

Edited by *Glenn*

The seal are worth about $35 each..diff oil $50 and about 2 hrs work. You need to remove the rear exhaust, sway bar, axles and half shafts. Install new seals, change the diff oil, reassemble and road test. Then recheck for leaks

Hi Glenn,would you be able to do the job? How soon would you recommend to have it done without causing (if) further damage?

I live in West Auckland,but don`t mind travelling east to get the job done.

Cheers,Ewald.

Hi Glenn,would you be able to do the job? How soon would you recommend to have it done without causing (if) further damage?

I live in West Auckland,but don`t mind travelling east to get the job done.

Cheers,Ewald.

We could do it next week. The leak may look excessive, however it may not be too bad yet. Just check the level.

We could do it next week. The leak may look excessive, however it may not be too bad yet. Just check the level.

HI Glenn,

I will give a call to book my car in to get diff. seals done as soon as I get my other problems sorted.

A rather large tree branch fell on my car at the Warehouse car park in New Lynn a couple of weeks ago,damaging the boot,guard and other bits.This afternoon I received a phone call ,authorising me to take my car a a panel shop in New Lynn next week. As soon as I have all this done,I will contact you re replacing differential seals.

cheers ,Ewald.

(attached pic is of the offending branch after being removed from my bonnet.)

post-63-1237339489_thumb.jpg

Edited by 37south