Sign in to follow this  
bmw_guy

pics taken at railway station

Dud your car is mega sex, and with the right rims it will be god worthy!

Hey man, some good shots there. Are you doing some post-processing in photoshop or similar? You're blowing out the levels a wee bit too much which is making the whites overexposed. Check the levels histogram in Pshop and adjust accordingly.

Other than that, not bad photos for a point n shoot! :) Also I agree with bravo's advice.... get closer to the car, it's the focal point, not the background.

Hey man, some good shots there. Are you doing some post-processing in photoshop or similar? You're blowing out the levels a wee bit too much which is making the whites overexposed. Check the levels histogram in Pshop and adjust accordingly.

Other than that, not bad photos for a point n shoot! :) Also I agree with bravo's advice.... get closer to the car, it's the focal point, not the background.

Thanks for your help, how can i make the most of amateur cameras. Like make them look magazine worthy. and at least smi professional.

Let me know

I'm no expert by any means, (well I got a scholarship pass in Bursary graphic design -*wank wank*) but you can get some pretty nice shots from a point n shoot. Below are a couple I took of my old car with my gf's 6mp Fuji.

Lighting is all important, followed by composition, and equipment is least important. I learnt that from my friend Ken Rockwell kenrockwell.com He rules, heaps of great advice on his site.

These shots were taken on a cloudy'ish day in late afternoon. Late afternoon and early morning are the best times for photoshoots cos the light is mint.

Post-processing on these photos is limited to adjustment of levels, slight fiddling with brightness/contrast, adjustment of shadow/highlight ratio and slight desaturation. By no means are these photos perfect - in fact I'd like my car back to have another go at a photoshoot - but they're OK and a good start for people who want to show their pride and joy off on Bimmersport without needing to have a fancy SLR.

Oh, and never just park your car somewhere nice and then walk around it taking photos... always move the car so the light hits it correctly and drive around heaps of different places, taking lots and lots of shots. You can always delete them later.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by _Mark_

Thanks very much for your help. What is the best way to position the car to ensure it gets the right sunlight.

Brook