Sign in to follow this  
bmw_guy

Need Help and ideas.

Hey guys,

Doing a media assignment. I have to create a magazine, have booked in a time slot with mercedes european, on te rapa in Hamilton on thursday to take some photos of snoopy inside there car yard and inside there showroom. They are going to basically do whatever i need, they are really reasonalble and generous when it comes to helping, i was surprised being the oppostion and all.

So basically i need your thoughts and ideas of how and what to take the photos of. ie. i am doing one shot, consisting of 4 black s class mercs, with my e30 lined up in the middle of them. And maybe titling the cover page of the magazine as "in a class of its own"

If you have any ideas regarding shots and catchy titles for my cover page.

Please let me know.

Cheers

Brook

only if you credit bimmersport for your assignment. :ph34r: OR, you stack all the mercs on top of your e30, chinese circus styles with plates spinning on the wing mirrors and an elephant in a trunk/hand-stand on top.

that would be cool. :lol:

only if you credit bimmersport for your assignment. :ph34r: OR, you stack all the mercs on top of your e30, chinese circus styles with plates spinning on the wing mirrors and an elephant in a trunk/hand-stand on top.

that would be cool. :lol:

haha course i will credit bimmersport.

Its a 4 page spread nothing big. But it will look flash. I did it last year at level 2 though, got top mark in NZ haha chur

and i like your ideas haha to bad it will never happen huh

photoshop. :P

haha so true so true, anything can be achieved on that program.

If only you had an M3!

'M-pire strikes back'

gr, thats a good one. Noone at my school will know its not an m3. there thick as

Ahhh I did this kinda thing in school also in 7th form. I did a kind of series of 80's car advertisments, I'll dig some out got me Excellence. Even just completed my Level 7 class for photoshop with a healthy A+

Or you can just chuck your car in the showroom amongst all the mercs, get some really nice crisp photos, not ones you get from standing there looking down on your car.

Do the comparitive kind of thing between the two, get yourself lots of sick pictures in a high resolution then yeah chuck it all together and make a cheesy title like "The past never looked so appealing" - Which I'd say would be like taking a stab a Benz saying you'd still rather have the E30 and its still a sexy car for its age. By doing something like that you wont get questioned so much as to why you just took pictures of cars with not much purpose, so you can argue it was for comparison so you can use lots of pictures and minimal writting.

But remember to not fill the page too much, leave some negative space around.

Unless you want it to look like a Hot4's maggazine. :rolleyes:

Or you can just chuck your car in the showroom amongst all the mercs, get some really nice crisp photos, not ones you get from standing there looking down on your car.

Do the comparitive kind of thing between the two, get yourself lots of sick pictures in a high resolution then yeah chuck it all together and make a cheesy title like "The past never looked so appealing" - Which I'd say would be like taking a stab a Benz saying you'd still rather have the E30 and its still a sexy car for its age. By doing something like that you wont get questioned so much as to why you just took pictures of cars with not much purpose, so you can argue it was for comparison so you can use lots of pictures and minimal writting.

But remember to not fill the page too much, leave some negative space around.

Unless you want it to look like a Hot4's maggazine. :rolleyes:

Awesome,

thanks for those tips and ideas, not sure if i will make it look like a performance car mag or hot 4s like i did last year. Might go for the more elegant approach this year. Thanks heaps will let you know how it goes.

I have managed to burrow an SLR for tomorrows photos,

should turn out sweet

I have managed to burrow an SLR for tomorrows photos,

should turn out sweet

SLR camera or car? :P

SLR camera or car? :P

Camera?