Sign in to follow this  
Sammy J

Need help on car dispay for a show

hey there everyone,

a while ago i posted up a couple pics of my chevy camaro that we have been building, well now the old girl is finished and we took it out to the rangiora muscle car show and it won best car out there. that was its first show and since then we have been invited to display it at the national hot rod show in wellington over easter. Now here is where im stuck for ideas... how do i display the thing? i thought mayb put it on small blocks under the wheels and have it lowered right down with the airbags with some mirrors underneath and lights around it and inside it or something.. Does anyone have any idea what i can do?

cheers

P.S i have uploaded some finished pics for you guys can do a video if you like, sorry if they are to big

post-2328-1237341463_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1237341514_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1237341595_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1237341653_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1237341716_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1237341781_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1237341862_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1237341942_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1237341985_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1237342001_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on winning...is a beautiful machine.

Convenient having a hoist in your own garage!!

...sorry but I wouldn't have a clue how to set up a car for a show. BUT goodluck!

f**king badass.

Love the pic up on the hoist, looks like some effort has gone into that beast!!

Are those Porsche seats front and rear I see? Certainly the fronts are. Did the rear ones get liberated from a 928?

Are those Porsche seats front and rear I see? Certainly the fronts are. Did the rear ones get liberated from a 928?

you have a good eye mate, the fronts are porsche but the rears are BMW! out of a 635 haha i think they fit perfect in there, we made a steel surround to get them to fit nicely

You could do a Route 66 type thing. Lots of rusty old oil drums, US Highway road signs, an old petrol bowser etc. Combine it with the mirrors and lights to show off the underside and illustrate the classic vs modern thing you've got going on with the car.

hmmm i would just look through the hot rod mags etc

you seem to be on the right track tho

dads got a massive american flag off a navy frigate bigger than a car and sometimes parks the car over it, americars don't like that tho.

cars looking Sick

A HA!!! I knew id seen this car before, I drive past your house everyday, I like on Repton St just down the road. This thing is awesome im a huge fan of it, and your e30. And your mrs (?) Merc looks the goods to ;)

Im very jelous of your hoist as well.

Do you mind if I come check it out some time?

Riley

A HA!!! I knew id seen this car before, I drive past your house everyday, I like on Repton St just down the road. This thing is awesome im a huge fan of it, and your e30. And your mrs (?) Merc looks the goods to ;)

Im very jelous of your hoist as well.

Do you mind if I come check it out some time?

Riley

haha cheers mate! you talking about the mrs that drives the merc (dads one) or the other one. lol.

yeah sure mate your welcome anytime to come down for a look, ill take you for a fat in it to if you like? my number is 021 301 394 just text me anytime you like and you can come check it out. that goes for anyone else on here to.

cheers

You could do a Route 66 type thing. Lots of rusty old oil drums, US Highway road signs, an old petrol bowser etc. Combine it with the mirrors and lights to show off the underside and illustrate the classic vs modern thing you've got going on with the car.

mate thats a bloody good idea, i have a few old rusty shell 44 gallon drums etc lying around which could work really well! thats for that.