Sign in to follow this  
M325is

fingers crossed

:( sad 2 see such a sexy car get t b-owned

did the interior on that side of the car have any damage.

Edited by E30stz

id say that your car will be recieving quite a severe corner cut, but as for the respray, dont count on the insurance company paying for that - they just get the panels that get repaired resprayed - can look really odd new paint on half the car and slightly older faded paint on the rest. Maybe you could approach your assessor and ask him to get the whole car resprayed, with you paying the extra.

Corner cuts are quite nasty, after a bit of time they start to show through rather obviously when the repair isnt done properly - my diesel wagon has had a new right rear end at some stage - its cracked a bit and surface rusted in places. Unfortunatly, my BMW has had a whole ass end before it was imported - didnt know about it when I bought it - found out once i stacked it - theres a lot of bog in the back left... but my panel beater mate said that its been repaired well...

They arnt cutting much, they are using NEW parts, fresh off the mold in germany, assesor says they still make new parts for this particular series.

As for paint not matching... my car just recently had a respray so theres no problem there.

My car is in very good hands, my mate wayne from pakuranga panalbeaters has taken her under his wing. B)

They arnt cutting much, they are using NEW parts, fresh off the mold in germany, assesor says they still make new parts for this particular series.

As for paint not matching... my car just recently had a respray so theres no problem there.

My car is in very good hands, my mate wayne from pakuranga panalbeaters has taken her under his wing. B)

they still have to cut off the damaged panel (the rear panel youve got damaged is not a bolt off item) and weld on the new panel. They do it (cut and paste) along the seams and all that, and as I said, if done properly, its sweet, but if its a dodgey job you will get a few years before it starts to show thru...

Guest Spargo

the rear panel youve got damaged is not a bolt off item

As I was saying, where you got hit is part of the unibody.

its on monday night at 10 i think... C4

yeah its red but not chromes, 17 alloys.. they do like quite a bit shiney when i clean them tho... whys that?

when i was in hamz on friday the 8th i saw one parked out side of lazerzone on K drive at about 7pm.

i was going to a mates place on higgins road.

M325is... saw you car on importx from when you were at taupo. on c4

Yeh, i forgot to watch it on monday, got hooked on watching The Others. Aparently it wasnt much. XSTV Will show more as they were interviewing us, just i dont have sky to watch it.

when i was in hamz on friday the 8th i saw one parked out side of lazerzone on K drive at about 7pm.

i was going to a mates place on higgins road.

o na wasnt me man..

yeah you could only see the arse half of your bimmer M325is